South Coast WA Hatchie Dugite

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nighteyes

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hey seeing as we don't see too many of these on APS I thought I'd put up a pic of a little Dugite hatchie we caught a couple weeks ago onsite. It was wandering in a culvert in the middle of the plant when some of the workers spotted it. So they called us telling us there was "a tiny snake under a 10cm rock!"

Attachments

• DugiteHatchie1.JPG
    DugiteHatchie1.JPG
    164.3 KB · Views: 230
  • DugiteHatchie2.JPG
    DugiteHatchie2.JPG
    164 KB · Views: 212
Nice one! Do you get dugites on the mainland? I've heard they're on Rottnest Is. but can't recall hearing about them on WA mainland. Not that my memory is that good......

Is it legal to keep them? I was just trying to log onto the DECC site for NSW licencnig codes for reptiles, but too slow connecting to link & cant be stuffed waiting. I haven't seen any for sale the times I've looked on Herp Trader site.

Yes dugites are very common on the mainland, they are found right across the nullabor as far east as south western SA i belive.

Nice little animal.

Yeah we get plenty of them, over here in the west . They are found through out the suburbs of Perth and south to Albany and east to Esperance (well thats where I've seen them, supposedly they range all the way to SA too) unfortunatly, I see most of mine as road kill. Apparently they arn't common but we see more of them than anything else here in Hopetoun.

Apparently a work mate saw a Gwarda the other day, which is unusual this far south, but I'll keep my eyes out all the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back