Spencers weird antics

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JasonL

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
just some pics of some of the weird positions my spencers monitor sometimes does whilst napping, always makes you miss a beat.

Attachments

• deadtired.jpg
    deadtired.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 173
  • deadtired1.jpg
    deadtired1.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 158
  • hanging around.jpg
    hanging around.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 180
  • hanging around2 jpg.jpg
    hanging around2 jpg.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 199
:shock:

I think that'd just about give me a heart attack. Are they monitors or opossums? :lol:

In last last couple of pics, it woke up when I slid the door open to take the pic, but it was sound asleep in both positions.

Haha! I don't have mine set up with anything to climb on, but they do have this horrible habit of playing dead all the time. I walk past and my heart sinks, give them a poke and they explode into a 12 inch long hissing, puffing, tail whipping fury.

Just adorable .... i last saw a spencer at Reptile City.... their eyes are like pools of water... so intense
fell in love immediately.............they grow over a metre dont they? & there belly can be like a basketball in comparison? they bloke who was trying to sell her was feeding her 20 odd pinkie/fuzzies cant remember every feed ..every 3 days is that right? to feed that much & often?

lol. My ex and I had a juvie spenceri a few years back. You're making me want to get varanids again even more, damn you! :p

They get to about 4ft, but it's a "big 4ft." Like a medium sized dog.

This is my one "pet" reptile, the only monitor I own. Dragon Lady, they do get big, but he only eats an adult mouse once / twice a week, plus the odd egg here and there. Spencers usually only eat when it it blistering hot, so offering food in the cooler part of the year is usually a waste of time.

Very cute Jason. I'd love to keep a spencers but looks like I'll have to settle for something else. Perhaps a Lacey.

Will you be moving it outside? Also, how long is it?

Thatz awesome! Love the spencers. Went to feed one the other day - his head was stuck under a log and he wasn't movin even when we opened the door and walked towards him. Wasn't til we started pickin him up that he woke up! Cheeky bugger - almost gave me heart attack! Great pics.

Very cute Jason. I'd love to keep a spencers but looks like I'll have to settle for something else. Perhaps a Lacey.

Will you be moving it outside? Also, how long is it?

It will probably remain inside, it's about 40cm now, it's one herp I'm not scarfing ;)

How delightful! It's amazing to think that they can comfortably rest in those positions! They look completely boneless! I can imagine that one would think the worst upon seeing them like that!

Wonderful photos JasonL, thankyou for sharing.

Kind regards,

Kath

Great looking Spencers. Does anyone know if they are at all available in the US..?

Thanks JasonL....... top of my list with monitors is the Pilbara Rock....then the Spencers.. its the eyes ..dont look into the eyes .. they will hook you ,line & sinker!

Thought I would post some updated pics of it's latest moves, some sleeping possies and some getting some rays on the belly.

Attachments

• squishy.jpg
    squishy.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 58
  • stopwakingmeup.jpg
    stopwakingmeup.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 44
  • layin easy.jpg
    layin easy.jpg
    151.8 KB · Views: 59
  • Kicken-it.jpg
    Kicken-it.jpg