stephens banded snake

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

python blue

Reaction score
hey people just on the news a man was attcked by a stephens banded snake what bull and then flewn to the matter hospital in newcastle

lmoa... thats almost as good as the carpet python bite.....
50cc of anti-venom, stat, she's taken a nasty bite from a non venomus snake

A lot of times people who don't know much abt snakes get stressed when they get bitten by a snake, no matter if they are venomous or not... I was reading some where that there have been cases of people who have been bitten by non venomus snakes and have died and the reason given for this is fear.... Guessing this is what happened to this person.....

Stephens Bandeds are venomous......

'This snake has been described as aggressive in response to provocation, and, as with all snakes, care should be taken. The venom contains procoagulants and neurotoxins. Serious illnesses and possibly deaths have been associated with envenomation by this species. Tiger snake antivenom is recommended for treatment of envenomations by Stephen's banded snake.'

Taken off the internet.

Just hope the snake wasn't killed :(

Last edited:
Your expecting someone to ignore a bite from a Stephens Banded Snake?!?! Maybe you should do a little research before you make yourself look like an idiot. Stephens Bandeds are a highly venomous species of snake, definately capable of causing a potentially fatal bite. A bite from any Hoplocephalus species should not be taken lightly.

Lucky it was none of them that got bitten, they'd possibly be dead now!!! :)

Your expecting someone to ignore a bite from a Stephens Banded Snake?!?! Maybe you should do a little research before you make yourself look like an idiot. Stephens Bandeds are a highly venomous species of snake, definately capable of causing a potentially fatal bite. A bite from any Hoplocephalus species should not be taken lightly.

ilovepythons i know that these species of snakes are venomous im not saying they arnt as it said on the news it attacked him and i just told you guys and i have done alot of research on these guys and actually caught one in the field and recorded data so dont go saying to people before you know anything like you should do some research before you made your self look like an idiot.

They always say "attacked" on the news, bitten doesn't have the same impact.

Exactly right, CSL has beendoing some research on there venom, Paralysis can set in extremely fast both localised and to the central nervous system. Last year a wildlife rescuer got tagged by one. and dispite prompt used of compression imobilisation was in a pretty bad way.
A beutifull snake but one that should not be underated, diserves the same caution and respect of any highly venomous elapid.

Its sad but true, 'attacked' will get more attention, as much to our dislike thats just how people without an understanding of snakes are going to be.

yer i know its just the fact they said attacked with out provocation i bet anything he was trying to kill it or move it away as it bit him ot the right hand

i have done alot of research on these guys and actually caught one in the field and recorded data.

i thought you needed to be 18 or older to handle venomous snakes, how did you obtain a research permit for this species without having the appropriate licence to even keep them??

ilovepythons... pull your head in ****can....i said nothing about the banded not having venom,

i thought you needed to be 18 or older to handle venomous snakes, how did you obtain a research permit for this species without having the appropriate licence to even keep them??

it was mine and a mates personal data as we did this for a school project as our major assessment for biology and got top marks as we were the only group out of 100 who actually went out into the field to record the data but i had no idea about research permits but in the whole time we were camping we found a total of 6 specimens in the area.

ilovepythons i know that these species of snakes are venomous im not saying they arnt as it said on the news it attacked him and i just told you guys and i have done alot of research on these guys and actually caught one in the field and recorded data so dont go saying to people before you know anything like you should do some research before you made your self look like an idiot.

Not having a go at you, but maybe you could put a little more effort into your posts, including grammer (eg. commas and full stops), and it might be more clear. From reading the first three posts, it comes accross as all three of you thought they were harmless (like being bitten by a python)? Thats how I interpreted it anyway :)

And yes, they do always say 'attacked'. It's very annoying. Stephen's Banded Snakes are one of my favourite vens. Love to get one :)

i thought it was illegal to catch and handle protected reptiles without a permit in nsw??
do you have any pics of the Stephens bandeds you caught/seen?

Jozz yep sure i can do that for you lol, Matthew yes i do have some pics and records on our assesment but jack has all the pics on his pc so will call him later on to get some pics sent to me with the data aswell, as he is the computer wizz not me lol.
Oh Jozz yep i understand where your coming from just they way i posted it seem's like i did'nt know they were a ven.

:) :) :)

I agree there's no need to call you an idiot from what you said :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back