Sugar Gliders in Qld?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rachelw

Reaction score
Hey everyone! I am interested in having a pair of sugar gliders, but I live in Queensland and I've heard we are unable to unless we have a Demonstrators license. Is this true? Is there any other way to own a pair without that specific license? How much does it end up costing?

Thank you!

I rang up Derm about what licenses there are that allows me to have them as pets, and they said I can't keep mammals in Queensland. So not even the demonstrators license?

Is there anyone who lives in Queensland that has sugar gliders?

A couple years ago a guy named frank (the bibly guy) came with a bibly, so I guess there is a way if he had a bibly.

aaawww andy,leave him alone...poor little blighter is only twelve and hasnt learn't how to spell ploperly yet
Yeah I noticed after I posted. On the plus side at least he has learnt something today.

Hey come on, im a A stundent in grade, i can spell quite well thank you very much, also whats a blighter?
Stundent? Just kidding. You are doing better than a lot of twelve year olds if you are keeping reptiles. A blighter is an irritating person.

I rang up Derm about what licenses there are that allows me to have them as pets, and they said I can't keep mammals in Queensland. So not even the demonstrators license?

Is there anyone who lives in Queensland that has sugar gliders?
you can keep crocs, gliders and possums on demo license

you can only have a sugar glider on a demo license in Queensland there is no other way full stop sorry

If you had read the information you linked you would have noticed that there are no 'restricted' mammals in the schedule of animals able to be kept on a recreational licence - only birds and reptiles. The information is all there, all you need to do is read and comprehend :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

What entails a demonstrators permit other than paying additional fees?

a lot and if you are asking a question like that don't bother....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back