Tank help

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

arinxon

Reaction score
So I’m looking at buying an albino Darwin python and wondering whats the minimum size tank I can get? I don’t have much room in my room as that’s where I’m hoping to put him but if needed I can move him to a different room if the tank won’t fit. So like what height, length and width dimensions are recommended?

Also am new to this app so apologies if I haven’t done this right. [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How old is it? you can star with a small tub from your local 2$ shop with some ventilation holes drilled, and a heat mat under neat

as it gets bigger it's going to be at least a 4x1.5x2ft (LHD) enclosure with a climbing perch in the middle, being semi-arboreal, they will make use of any branches/platforms u give them, so it's up to you really.

mine went a from a 15x30cm tub as a 6mth-yearling, to a 90x40x60 glass enclosure from yearling to 2 years, to now in a 4x2x2ft with a big branch and set up so it has to physically move to reach the hot end, this is done by a providing a divider between cool and hot end, with a hole somewhere in the divider, for them to go through.

How old is it? you can star with a small tub from your local 2$ shop with some ventilation holes drilled, and a heat mat under neat

as it gets bigger it's going to be at least a 4x1.5x2ft (LHD) enclosure with a climbing perch in the middle, being semi-arboreal, they will make use of any branches/platforms u give them, so it's up to you really.

mine went a from a 15x30cm tub as a 6mth-yearling, to a 90x40x60 glass enclosure from yearling to 2 years, to now in a 4x2x2ft with a big branch and set up so it has to physically move to reach the hot end, this is done by a providing a divider between cool and hot end, with a hole somewhere in the divider, for them to go through.

I’m looking at getting a juvenile but once it is a yearling am I able to put it in the tank it will forever live in? Or can this frighten and stress it if it’s too big? I don’t really want to spend a lot of money on buying new tanks every so often as they are expensive where I am from what I’ve seen. I know that I will need something smaller for when it’s a baby though so will use your suggestion of a tub :).

So if I bought a tank like you have (4x2x2ft) I can keep that forever and it will be able to live in that? Or would I need to get a bigger size tank? I’ve read they only reach up 8ft possibly 10ft.

I’m very new to snakes so any help is welcome and needed. Thankyou for replying also! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have advanced yearlings that are confident and not stressed when put in a larger enclosure but any of last seasons 3-5 mth old hatchlings are better kept in a small tub for a few months. I generally supply a tub with my hatchlings but you can buy one for a few dollars and put some holes in it, you are going to need a thermostat for a future enclosure anyway so the only redundant expense will be a small heat mat to put under one end of the tub.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back