This hobby we all share..

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Variety

Reaction score
It's been about 3 months since I've sold the last of my pythons, been just as long since I've frequented these forums and perhaps even longer since i have strolled into the local reptile shop for a chat. I was no where near as "Hardcore" as anyone else in this hobby i had come across as i have only kept 5 pythons over the space of a year.

I never went to any expos
Never tried my hand at breeding
Never would of considered myself an expert

I would still consider keeping pythons my main hobby. On top of all of the things I'm doing and have been doing for 10+ years. When asked what i'm into, i reply with "Snakes". When i'm sitting in front of my computer trying to think of a 5 year career plan focusing on something i would enjoy, all i can think is "Snakes".

Despite having no involvement at all recently, and very little for the last 6 - 12 months. I'm still crazy in love with this hobby we all share, even though i was sitting happily on the tip of the iceberg with a coastal wrapped around my arm.

Im just really interested to know, is anyone else like this ?

gonna go with no...

Ditto.

I'm only new to the "hobby" as such, but I see my involvement as purely a pet owner. I have no interest in breeding and I am certainly no expert.

I wouldn't put snakes as my #1 hobby.

Sounds like you might be thinking about getting back into the hobby. A bit different to the tone if your last thread. :)

I would say that python keeping is my #1 hobby at the moment. A few weeks ago I sat down and thought about what pythons I wanted and what I wanted to do/ achieve with the hobby. I was quite surprised by my results and decided I will do the same every six months.

From looking through threads on here and other forums and looking at photos, I was starting to adopt the 'I want one of everything' mentality. But after writing my lists I realised there were only a few species that I could actually see myself owning.

I'm quite impulsive so to write down long term plans/ savings goals was really good.

I was starting to adopt the 'I want one of everything' mentality. But after writing my lists I realised there were only a few species that I could actually see myself owning.

I'm quite impulsive so to write down long term plans/ savings goals was really good.

I am guilty of the same thing. I have a list so long of what I'd love to own but it's literally a 'wish' list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back