TTC and Paluma

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gus11

Reaction score
I spent the week tutoring third year students on a field trip in the local town common area. It was a much more successful trip than i had anticipated and I think the students got a lot out of it. Days were 13-14 hours long and fairly busy so I didn't bother with taking to many phographs, here is some of what we saw anyway

C. canni
_GUS0871.jpg

P. textilis
_GUS0908.jpg

_GUS0948.jpg

crytpoblepharus sp. (i havent looked this up yet)
_GUS1006.jpg

After the busy week I headed for what was meant to be a slow weekend at Paluma, it ended up being fairly busy weekend. some of what we found were

saw shelled turtles
_DSC0051.jpg

_DSC0050.jpg

what I'm fairly certain is L. inermis
_GUS1058.jpg

a juvenile frilly
_GUS1038.jpg

a not so happy V. scalaris
_GUS1196.jpg

a juvenile S. cornutus
_GUS1246.jpg

we found many adults, but I've become a leaf tail snob and only photograph those with original tails. However, I have spent many hours trying to decide why leaftails have such a high tail loss rate. If anyone has theories I'd love to hear them. this individual had a chunk missing from its tail so i thought I'd take a photo as i havent seen this before and may help to explain that something is trying to eat them
_GUS1207.jpg

Aside from reptiles paluma is great for some beautiful birds such as
rifle birds
_GUS1142.jpg

and pittas
_GUS1082.jpg

Gus

Very nostalgic Gus, I used to live in Paluma. Nice shots.

You did damn well Gus - never seen a frilly or leaf-tail in Paluma and some great wide angles of the brown and turtle in the Common.

Gr8 pics mate, I love the 1st one of the saw shelled. what sort of camera and lens did you use for the underwater shots?

You did damn well Gus - never seen a frilly or leaf-tail in Paluma and some great wide angles of the brown and turtle in the Common.

They are very common there, more common on walls in the village than out in the bush.

That underwater photo of the saw shell turtle is great!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back