Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuscus

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
In the ironically named sunshine coast, surrounded
I'm driving back from Brisvagas and decided to do a quick detour and came across this guy. I'm fairly certain that these are not common on the sunny coast, this is the first I've heard of one here. He did a beautiful brown snake impersonation too, but I've seen it before so I wasn't fooled ( actually I noticed the head shape was wrong before the display, then the ear holes and tongue and finally the flaps)! At first I thought it might have been a Burtons, but the're a myth :shock:. Could not get a full body shot as the focusing lamp was low on battery.:(

Attachments

• DSC_5997.JPG
    DSC_5997.JPG
    200.2 KB · Views: 188
  • DSC_5988.JPG
    DSC_5988.JPG
    104 KB · Views: 188
  • DSC_5999.JPG
    DSC_5999.JPG
    194.9 KB · Views: 153
  • DSC_5996.JPG
    DSC_5996.JPG
    189.8 KB · Views: 193
  • DSC_5991.JPG
    DSC_5991.JPG
    203.3 KB · Views: 172
G'day Fuscy,

Not where you're herping up there but I've seen both them and Burtons with great regularity. The infamous Tiger Snake spot is covered in them, you'll see them active during the day too. Make sure you're in good habitat though - lots of native tussock grasses etc.

Cheers

Common scaley foot, a type of legless lizard :)

... The infamous Tiger Snake spot ...
That's were he was but only about 10 meters from the inlet. I've been doing a few trips out there but this is the first I've seen. Loads of mozzies there of course - had to make it a quick trip because I only had a couple of kilos of repellent

what is it?
Common scaly-foot -Pygopus lepidopodus

Does anyone have the paper by Oliver, Couper and Amey that separated Pygopus lepidopodus into P.lepidopodus and P.robertsi?

FUSCY you always get the good ones... your the paparazzi of the reptile world ;)
Not really - I was after a tiger. While this photo is an achievement, its kinda like getting a photo of Britney looking sane and properly clothed.

would love to find a tiger snake...
That's the target! After the meeting tonight I'll take the troll out to that area for a proper look. I may get lucky but weather up here is less than optimal.

The one that split them into N.milii and N.husbandi? If so, I don't have that one either, if I recall correctly, Jonno has that one.

These guys are my favourite lizards. Thanks for sharing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back