update on my female beardie

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ItBites, you say you know this kid....

Whats the deal?? he is asking for advice and not taking it... people keep claiming that experienced keepers don't offer advice anymore... is it any wonder?

i am taking in your advice your all very helpful i have seperated her from the male and bumped the temps up and shes much better

As for her crap looking undigested. If the temps are as high as you say they are, maybe she has parasites?? I'd get a faecal test done (they're pretty cheap) on her quick smart. I would have done that as soon as she started looking unwell.

As for her crap looking undigested. If the temps are as high as you say they are, maybe she has parasites?? I'd get a faecal test done (they're pretty cheap) on her quick smart. I would have done that as soon as she started looking unwell.
but then that would mean he would have to take it to the vet ... like i and others have said all along .

no, no, no his reptile keeping friend just said its ok to keep doing what he is doing, just as long as he keeps trying to feed it you see.

no, no, no his reptile keeping friend just said its ok to keep doing what he is doing, just as long as he keeps trying to feed it you see.
ohh well if his reptile friend said its ok then it must be . as he would know - he has reptiles and the vet duz not.

bfg23, he's just a typical little boy who thinks he knows so much. He claims to be an expert but constantly asks questions and posts countless threads requesting help to the most simple things; which just proves he knows nothing.

I feel sorry for any animal in his possession.

We Are On APS why so surprised ;)

This post has been very interesting to me simply because of what not to do! I am grateful my girl is going strong and thriving, she is such a sweetheart. Now I didn't buy a Juvie as I wasn't confident enough in caring for one so young so a 14 month old fit perfectly. Now runny, undigested poops could be a sign of worms? Xian's is fine she is very adapt at pooping the perfect poop, nothing undigested at all :p but for down the track is this a sign of worms or temps not right?

Now my daughter would love her own Beardy so I have purchased a second enclosure where I have it set up is with in view of the other dragon (yet to be purchased)

Also make sure she can't see the male, very important!!

Now I have a problem as Xian evidently does not like other dragons, she is apparently very aggressive toward them she beat up on her cage mate and that is how I got her. If she see's the other will this stress her? Is it likely to cause a problem? Xian is a girl I think. Sorry to hijack this post but it seemed pointless to start another and maybe this one needs hijacking ;)

To you geckos_are_great I hope your girl comes good for her sake, but honestly I can not help but think a trip to the vet would be very helpful, I'll even pay for it if that helps I understand just how tight things are right now.

ur ok sensations and there is afew others that r good but rocket ZOOJAS W.T.B and bfg23 that are being asses

i cop enough **** from the people at school and then to come home and cop it from everyone on here

People seem to have a lot of spare time on their hands picking on a little kid ;)
Nice one!...

As I stated earlier he was not ignorant when I met him & his father & seemed to me
to be inquisitive & asked a lot of questions etc...

To me that show to some degree that they are not ignorant
& are looking to seek knowledge to better care for & look after their animals.

At the end of the day though gecko's
if you bearded had perked back up & is now going down hill again..
A vet trip may be warranted just to be on the safe side, undigested scat is not a good sign

& seeing as you have already tried to change several husbandry issues perhaps
it is something that needs to be looked into in depth by a professional.

I still stand by my first statement..
Good luck with your girl & I hope you get the issue sorted asap.

Cheers ;)

Geckos that's OK I do understand, look I would hate for you to lose her for both of you, I really would love to help if I can and yes I am more than happy to pay for a vet bill or 3. I know how hard it is right now trying to make ends meet, I truely am happy to help if you and your dad want it OK

Read my first post thoroughly before shooting off at the mouth
Cheers ;)

thanks bites what could i do for her if she has worms like wat can i do toget rid of them

Being that you don't know 100% that it is worms I wouldn't recommend treating her for them..
I have used repti worm before to treat a worm issue but I knew 100% that was the problem.
Their could be a number of different issues that can cause undigested scats & I am no expert.

This is why I would say at this point a vet trip would not only help to identify the problem,
you can also learn a few things you may not have known before that are helpful in maintaining
a healthy collection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back