What Did My Cat Drag In

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well you are to be congratulated on training your cat to differentiate between native and exotic animals, that's one smart cat.

My cats only ever killed mice, they never have killed a native. My dog, like many other dogs, has killed heaps of birds, a lot of them being native.

.... you all are quick to accuse with out finding out all the facts.

The fact is, there would be native fauna in every suburban area if people were made to keep their cats indoors.

Classic 'straw man' argument.
That doesn't make it ok to let a cat free roam.

never said it was ok did i
i was just making a point as cats can not defend there selfs

The fact is, there would be native fauna in every suburban area if people were made to keep their cats indoors.
but also if people took the time to relocate the native animals before bulldozeing all the land we use we also wouldnt have such a problem.
as i said earlyer my cats only ever bring home mice i havent seen a bird yet.
frankly if they killed miner birds or those black birds i wouldnt mind because they are whats keeping the natives away

but also if people took the time to relocate the native animals before bulldozeing all the land we use we also wouldnt have such a problem.

Domestic/feral cats cover 100% of Australia. Land clearing, while not insignificant, is probably less than 1% of Australia at any given time.

Well yes, you did imply it by your post.

i was implying that humans do more damage, not saying that cats dont do any but you dont see cats going and destroying forestes for houseing and shopping malls do ya they hunt to survie
and it was people who aloud cats to get out and become ferals same as it was humans that brought over cain toads

Domestic/feral cats cover 100% of Australia. Land clearing, while not insignificant, is probably less than 1% of Australia at any given time.
did you google that or is it just off the top of your head. no offence but alot of facts in this fourum seem to be off the top .

.... and it was people who aloud cats to get out and become ferals same as it was humans that brought over cain toads

You are undeniably correct but my response is unchanged. It doesn't make it ok to let cats free roam now.

I dont think anyone would deny that it is people who r to blame here, but as people we should take responcibility for our own pets and not let them out at night. i€ dont think there is anypoint in pointing this out on this site cos were all pretty sencible but letting ur cats and other pets out at night isnt a good idea, many aussie species have gone extinct solely becaus of cats.

did you google that or is it just off the top of your head. no offence but alot of facts in this fourum seem to be off the top .

That's just common sense. If it's a degree or two out it's basically irrelevant.

Choose your weapons, and FIGHT!!!! :)

Attachments

• knives.jpg
    knives.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 43
I dont really have any problem with a cat killing rampage, ive never had one of my own.

That's just common sense. If it's a degree or two out it's basically irrelevant.
ill give you one basicly 75% of people on this web site a re full of bull and 25% are actualy help full
its basic knowledge !!!

Oh, pussy cats are lovely. You doodz are mean :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back