What Exotics Have You Owned?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bigblackdog

Reaction score
Just curious.
What species have members owned when living overseas etc.
Pictures welcome!

I'm going to watch this thread unfold before I post anything on the subject.

Please try and keep it civil everybody.

I once owned some goldfish before realising my error and replacing them with some nice native silver perch

i owned a short nose elephant when i lived in Tasmania but a tassie tiger killed him when he fell off the roof...pmsl

Why the sudden outbreak of stupidity?
I would have thought my question reasonable based on the interest we all have in herps, especially the unobtainable species for Aussies.

I know some members have kept various other species of Pythons, Boas and other herps in other countries and just thought that others may be interested.

As far as I'm concerned, the above comedians are more than welcome to go & fornicate themselves with a rusty iron stick. :evil:

There's been a bit of that today Bigblackdog ..... must be that time of year or the weather or something?? :lol:

understand blackdog, that it's a touchy subject. One that most people would care to either argue over endlessly or avoid all together by making light of it.

I can understand why you're curious. So i'll just say that you can get any non-venomous exotic you want, and a fair few venomous ones too.

basketcase said:
So i'll just say that you can get any non-venomous exotic you want, and a fair few venomous ones too.

I'm not so naive to think that a 'black market' doesn't exist here in Australia for illegal exotics.

I was more curious about MemberX who lived in the UK for 5 years & kept Boa Constrictors & an Anaconda - that sort of thing. What pics, stories, anecdotes do you have for the members here that probably will never get the chance to own such an animal.

I would never promote illegal herp keeping - this is for exotics kept

outside of Australia.

I would never promote illegal herp keeping - this is for exotics kept
outside of Australia.
I thought you made all that pretty clear in the first post Bigblackdog....maybe you needed to use the largest, boldest, reddest font you can find next time to make it easier for some? :wink:

I've seen people mention owning exotics in the past so you should get a response or two, perhaps Boa...I believe he had some at some stage before he moved here?? And since Moreliaman still is in Exoticland he should be able to answer your question in the spirit it was intended.

I don't think there is a lot of members who have kept outside of australia. i can think of a few, but i think it is only a handful of people. Might be wrong, but this might answer why this thread has been quite.

sorry Bigblackdog if i made light of your topic, i didnt mean anything by it just thought i would lighten it up abit as this question usaully brings the worst out in ppl...sorry again i :oops:

Yes I too am sorry bigblackdog, just thought I'de try get a laugh or two. Have not kept any exotic animals so I will keep quiet and read of others :wink:

OK Guys - no harm, no foul.
Sorry I got a bit aggro, I was expecting something of an education, not people just messing about.

C'mon, somebody's owned something somewhere!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back