What Exotics Have You Owned?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
yep was just messing about blackdog im glad i didnt do any harm...
so do you want to know more about my elephant???? opps sorry :lol:

Pair of kangawallafox's,
Pair of Indonesian drop bears,
Trio of middle eastern short necked girraffes,

I have a few exotics in my collection.
heres a couple of pics of my male Ringed python. I was looking at the pics of ghost darwins? of rexs1 the other day and they reminded me of this one.

its an aberrant form. the normal form has complete dark bands.

I understood what was asked,but I have never lived outside of Australia so there is your answer. :D

Sorry just saw this thread, now where do I start ? :lol:
Various Boa Constrictors, Reticulated Pythons, Burmese Pythons, Ball Pythons, Amazon Tree Boas, Yellow Ratsnakes, Black Ratsnakes, Red Tailed Green Ratsnakes, California Kingsnakes (Striped and Banded), Tri Colour Kingsnakes, African Housesnakes, Mangrove Snakes, Flying Treesnakes, Hognose Snakes, around 5 species of Garter Snakes, around 5 various morphs of Corn Snakes, European Five Lined Snake, American Black Racers, Green Iguanas, Spiny Tailed Iguanas, African Agamas, Calotes Lizards, Jacksons Chameleons, Black and White Tegus, Red Tegus , probably 100 Tarantuals and Bird Eating spiders, Snapping Turtles, Red Eared Sliders, various land tortoises a Spectacled Caiman and lots of others that will come back to me later :lol:
These species were kept over a period of 20 years or so.

That looks really nice the shape of the head is very different.

Nick that Ringed Python is absolutely gorgeous.

Bigblackdog said:
C'mon, somebody's owned something somewhere!

(as a child living in Canada I had 3 Garter snakes).

...Daavid and I had a pair of Iguanas when we lived in Canada...Sold them before we immigrated to Australia... :D

here's the normal form -female
these were bred in Holland by Piet Nuyten

boa said:
Sorry just saw this thread, now where do I start ? :lol:
Various Boa Constrictors, Reticulated Pythons, Burmese Pythons, Ball Pythons, Amazon Tree Boas, Yellow Ratsnakes, Black Ratsnakes, Red Tailed Green Ratsnakes, California Kingsnakes (Striped and Banded), Tri Colour Kingsnakes, African Housesnakes, Mangrove Snakes, Flying Treesnakes, Hognose Snakes, around 5 species of Garter Snakes, around 5 various morphs of Corn Snakes, European Five Lined Snake, American Black Racers, Green Iguanas, Spiny Tailed Iguanas, African Agamas, Calotes Lizards, Jacksons Chameleons, Black and White Tegus, Red Tegus , probably 100 Tarantuals and Bird Eating spiders, Snapping Turtles, Red Eared Sliders, various land tortoises a Spectacled Caiman and lots of others that will come back to me later :lol:
These species were kept over a period of 20 years or so.

Boa, you were the one I had in mind when I started this thread.
Damn - that's one helluva collection (& experiences!)
Any of those Pythons or Boas in a league of their own when it comes to temperament?
(Thinking of our Scrubbies)

Does Piet Nuyten breed any ugly animals ? :lol:

Thanks Nick - spectacular looking animal!

People - THAT's what I'm talking about!

Yeah I thought I was :D
There are plenty of other species and they will come back to me, also some photo's but many of them were from before I even had a camera let alone a digital.
Retics can be very aggressive, the first one I had (bought by my parents for my 18th birthday) was really good after a couple of months, several others I had just wouldn't calm down, did well but remained snappy.
All the Boas I had were good especially the Red Tailed Boa.

Bigblackdog said:
Boa, you were the one I had in mind when I started this thread.
Damn - that's one helluva collection (& experiences!)
Any of those Pythons or Boas in a league of their own when it comes to temperament?
(Thinking of our Scrubbies)

Here's a couple of photo's, they are scanned so not the best quality. The Gila Monster wasn't mine but was offered to me.
bw_tegu.jpg

Pugsley.jpg

tortoise.jpg

GilaMonster.jpg

I am keeping one exotic right now. I hope that this is ok.

Fantastic pics Boa.
The 1st one - is that a tegu? Looks like some form of Monitor?
How big do the Retics grow?

Thanks, yes the first one is a Black and White Tegu, they are kind of like the South American equivalent of the monitors.
Retic are the longest snakes in the world and CAN grow to 30 feet plus but that is very rare.

Bigblackdog said:
Fantastic pics Boa.
The 1st one - is that a tegu? Looks like some form of Monitor?
How big do the Retics grow?

Nickvelez - absolutley beautiful snakes you have there.

I too would like to see some other pics ppl have had in their overseas collection

PPPLLLEEEAASSSSSEEEE :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back