White-lipped Snake and Sea Snake

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

saratoga

Reaction score
Photographed this little fella out in the Otways west of Melbourne recently. We saw a couple of them sunbaking on the track down to the beach in the morning.

White-lippedSnake.jpg

Also saw this little guy washed up on the beach. It had come in with the tide and not been killed by someone on the beach.

Tiger Snake

beach_tiger.jpg

I have seen tigers in the foreshore, along with browns.....I wonder if he was washed into the ocean by freak storm or grabbed by a bird and dropped?

Cheers,
Scott

sorry has nothin 2 do wid thread but can sum1 please help me 2 make my own i wanna post sum pics but have forgot how 2 do it

Beautiful white lipped. We found one awhile back just outside Inverloch after I nearly pee'd on him..cute little buggers.

Great white lip pic Greg
beautiful little snakes.
Re; tiger snakes on the beach, last year i was called to a tiger snake that was
swimming in the bay well past the end of the Portsea pier.
Beautiful white lipped. We found one awhile back just outside Inverloch after I nearly pee'd on him..cute little buggers.
Thanks for the mental picture cass, you have made my day,lol

Thanks for the comments.

Scott: I hadn't considered a raptor but quite possible although no marks on the snake. There were some very big tidal surges on this day with the water coming and going on some waves up to 60-80 metres so I would guess the snake was picked up by water. Also a nice little freshwater creek flowed onto the beach at this spot.

Barry: so your relocating gear includes a hook, hoop bag and snorkel and fins! Did you manage to catch the swimming Tiger?

I remember up north swimming out 60 metres in a gorge to have a look at a swimming "golden tree snake". As I got close I realised it was a Western Brown that had now sighted "land" and wanted to crawl out on me!...made things interesting!

cheers

Greg

Barry: so your relocating gear includes a hook, hoop bag and snorkel and fins! Did you manage to catch the swimming Tiger?
I sat on the pier and watched the tigersnake as it swam and rested by laying its gead against a bouy.
Last i saw of it, it was heading towards the beach.
I had no intentions of trying to catch it and if I hadnt already been in Portsea, i would have told the caller to
just leave it alone, maybe take some pics.
But yes, i do have goggles, snorkel and fins in the car all during the summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back