Who has a Jug?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Philk said:
Crosses are generally always healthier than pure bred. You can't "badly breed" a mongrel ... you just breed one.

My comment was in regards to designer bred dogs (and thus, dogs from puppy farms). I think you'll find that puppy farms sure as hell breed "badly bred" dogs, and if you really think those horrible places breed healthy dogs, then there's something very wrong here haha.

I did. When I made my first post, she didn't say anything about her friend breeding them. Designer bred dogs commonly come from puppy farms.

Jack russels come black/white/tan and pugs come black or tan, what do you mean.

wirehaired jrts do. its what its crossed with

No, they don't. Atleast it's not a registered colour - in other words if you have a solid black and tan Jack Russell you have a crossbred. Dachshunds come in black and tan and so do Aussie terriers, not Jack Russells.

Pugs do not come in tan, they come in fawn and Jack Russells and Parsons Jack Russells come in tri, this is white black and tan.

No, they don't. Atleast it's not a registered colour - in other words if you have a solid black and tan Jack Russell you have a crossbred. Dachshunds come in black and tan and so do Aussie terriers which, not Jack Russells.

Pugs do not come in tan, they come in fawn and Jack Russells and Parsons Jack Russells come in tri, this is white black and tan.
The dog has some white on it, I said black/white/tan ie tri colour and I stand corrected on the pug colour. I never once said Jacks come in solid black and tan.

No but Ash did. I quoted both of your responses.

The dog has hardly any white on it, black and tan rottweilers, dachshunds, aussie terriers, min pins etc can also have small amounts of white on their heads and chests.

Last edited by a moderator:
No but Ash did. I quoted both of your responses.

The dog has hardly any white on it, black and tan rottweilers, min pins etc can also have small amounts of white on their heads and chests.
I have a puppey that was bred from my pure bred Chinese crested (hairless) which was mainly black and grey and my Jackx pomeramnian who is nearly all white with tan ears and a few tan spots. The puppy is semi long haired nearly all tan with a white blaze and some whispy white hairs that come out in winter. He looks absolutely nothing like either of the parents or the parents breeds but I owned both parents (father has passed) and I can 100% guarantee what he is crossed with as the mothers parents were an accidental crossing of two registered dogs that the people I got her off bred and the father had papers. None of the whole litter with the exception of one hairless boy who was the same colour as dad, although much better type interestingly, looked anything like the parents with regards to colour so your argument is mere supposition.

That really has little to do with my point. I never said dogs have to look like their parents. My argument was that Jack Russells or Pugs don't come in black and tan therefore either one or both of the parents were a cross carrying a trait for the colouring somewhere in their history. Impossible to know unless the buyer saw that mum and dad both had registered papers.

So many people out there buy in to my dog is a 'maltese x' because the pet shop or breeder said so, sometimes the dog labelled maltese x doesn't even end up having maltese in it. I was simply suggesting that his/her dog might actually have another breed/s in there somewhere.

That really has little to do with my point. I never said dogs have to look like their parents. My argument was that Jack Russells or Pugs don't come in black and tan therefore either one or both of the parents were a cross carrying a trait for the colouring somewhere in their history. Impossible to know unless the buyer saw that mum and dad both had registered papers.

So many people out there buy in to my dog is a 'maltese x' because the pet shop or breeder said so, sometimes the dog labelled maltese x doesn't even end up having maltese in it. I was simply suggesting that his/her dog might actually have another breed/s in there somewhere.
I do see what your saying, I was just suggesting not necessarily.

ah. pee off notechestiger if your just going to be a douche!! i STATED like, 8 times that i'm getting it off a FRIEND!!!! and i didn't know it was a designer dog!!! dont skim read. makes you look like a twat in the long run

my bad, only turns out i posted it once. and theres no way in heck i'd support a puppy mill!!!

Last edited:
There are actually heaps and heaps of studies done by universities and vets about the pros and cons of desexing dogs young if you care to look for them.

Desexing a puppy at 8 weeks can be detrimental! Esp. Large breeds, hormones are needed to assist development & proper growth.

I agree xD

kaotikjezta, I have looked at them. I still see nothing detrimental for a pet dog by desexing at a very young age. If you have a better article or anything, I've love to read it =)

Canine Sports Productions: Early Spay-Neuter Considerations for the Canine Athlete

I hope you were agreeing with me as I already pointed that out earlier on in the thread. That quote was a response to someone who said there were no known adverse effects.

yep agreeing

not too sure yet, thats only 3 of them. shes gonna wait till they have their eyes open to send me more pics :)

four* haha i can't count. she had 6. and another jug had 7.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back