Who likes blue lizards?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Varanus1

Reaction score
I do :)

Attachments

• mang1.jpg
    mang1.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 113
  • mang2.jpg
    mang2.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 76
  • mang3.jpg
    mang3.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 117
They look awesome :D
What do you feed them? Crabs/fish or will they take anything like other monitors? I'd love to own some of those beauties!

sorry if this is a silly question but what species is that?

They look awesome :D
What do you feed them? Crabs/fish or will they take anything like other monitors? I'd love to own some of those beauties!

Thanks for the replies;
Like most monitors they will eat almost anything you give them, however I base their diet around whole fish, mice, yabbies, large insects and occasionally chicken mince. All periodically added with calcium and vitamin supplements of course.

It's amazing how hard it is to capture the true colouration of these guys, as their colour shifts when placed under different lighting conditions. Below I have attached a photo (albeit a completely out of focus one) of how they generally colour up under sunlight (or some high output UV lights).

Regards,
Trent.

Attachments

• mang c.jpg
    mang c.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 90
Beauty! How big will it get?

If I remember rightly, the parents were about four foot? When I was travelling in the U.S I remember seeing an adult black and yellow animal that was at least five (possibly bordering six) feet long, truly impressive!

Regards,
Trent.

Nice little goanna you have there :) Do they keep the blue colour when they get big?

Nice little goanna you have there :) Do they keep the blue colour when they get big?

The blue was even more intense on the adults, in fact it was the photos of the parents (coupled with seeing them in the flesh) that convinced me that I must have these animals! I'll see if I am able to dig up some of the old shots of the adults, no promises though.

Regards,
Trent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back