Winter cooling period

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cody95

Reaction score
hi all,
i have a jungle python and i am unsure of what to do during winter as i have only owned a reptile since late december.
any tips on feeding, temperature and Humidity would be very helpful to a newbie such as myself.

cheers guys :)

hey mate cooling is only necessary when you are going to breed keep normal temperatures and normal feeding time same goes for humidity and you will be fine.

Nick

cheers nick
can i still handle my python regularly ?

you can stick to your preferred routine with heating and handling but your python may stop feeding during the cold months

yes you can still handle you python it may be a little sluggish to start but should warm right up.
glad to help :)

Nick

yes you can still handle you python it may be a little sluggish to start but should warm right up.
glad to help :)

Nick

So I have my pythons in cooling now but they are still really active is that normal. And can I still handle them while there in cooling?
First time in cooler months and I have an olive python and a breeding pair of diamonds.

You can handle them if you really want to but if you intend to breed them it would be better to keep your interaction with them to a minimum to reduce stress ie. water changes and spot cleaning.

Aaron

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back