Woooo! got into my course!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nathando2010

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Got into my diploma of science course at mibt!!!!! and after 12 months I can transfer in to Bachelor of science and im going to major in zoology! then hopefully keep studying more after that...

the only thing is the course in Geelong and im from Melbourne... so im wondering if it would be cheaper to catch the train and back everyday or to live in Geelong during the week renting or roommate share and just go home on weekends.... What do yous reckon?

Congratulations!! That's very exciting =) The same thing happened to me, got into Advanced Biological Sciences at La Trobe, which was a complete surprise.

It's definitely going to be cheaper to catch the train to Geelong, you're looking at around $30.00 a week for a weekly ticket (concession) as opposed to approx. $120p/w rent plus gas, electricity, water, food...another issue, however, is time. It's going to be a pain commuting that far everyday and it'll be easy to blow off classes because they're not worth travelling that far. (I'm not saying the classes are a blow off, just that you could easily get into that frame of mind.)

If money isn't a huge issue for you (you can get a job) then it's going to be a lot more convenient to rent a house that way. If you are worried about finances, stay at home, just be prepared for some annoying travel.

If you chose to travel use the time when travelling to study. Most lectures are online so downlaod them and listen to them when travelling to re-check your notes

I looked on the vline website and the weekly full fair ticket is $68.50 plus a weekly zone 1 + 2 ticket to get me from melb cbd to home 27.70.... and the bus to get me from geelong station to uni 9.20..... I found a share house in geelong 3km away from my uni asking for only $69 a month.. so yeah not to sure what to do.. i know whatever my do my parents will help me out... i just think commuting every day will be a massive drainer and will take its toll on me

Fwoooaaaah! $69 a month for share housing... Could be a lot of fun, but could be pretty crowded with little time for study!

woops I mean $69 a week... what a goose i am haha
the other alternative is me and my family move to geelong I guess... my sister is a bit of a lost cause so it would be good for her to get a fresh start in a new area and new school

Good Luck mate, never had to travel far to study. But weigh up the options and see what fits best. You could always try something and if it doesnt suit then move onto the next logical step. You'll find what suits best in time

yeah well I got orientation on 27th of feb so ill see how it is travelling then.... and ill see what days and time I'll have my classes and make a judgement from that I guess

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back