• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Pythons and Snakes and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

WTB Varanus Prasinus - Emerald Monitor

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
just for u petere i mst say there gorgeous

Just buy another monitor and a can of paint :lol:

but then you would end up with a green rat constricing monitor . .

There are a few states where these guys can be legally kept (Victoria not being one of them) .

From the inquiries I have made it seems unlikely that there are any that are legally held in private hands in Australia... so unles the rules change it will probably be a long time before we see any of these legally held in Australia. I, for one, think this is a little sad. :-( There seems to be plenty of captive specimens in other parts of the world, particularly Europe.

Ahh Pete.. One day mate one day!

I agree a can of paint and that Bells of yours is your new monitor! lol.

swampie said:
There is suposedly a couple on licence in Qld but no one has a pair to breed from to increase numbers .

Well that kind of places up a creek without a paddle :-(

Well if all the people who have them sell theirs to me then when I breed them they can have babies back for nothing!!!

And I'll get some of the babies as well :D

peterjohnson64 said:
Well if all the people who have them sell theirs to me then when I breed them they can have babies back for nothing!!!

But you can't keep them anyway, as they're not on the NSW licence list... or are they. CONFUSION +

Interestingly Manny, if you go on to the NPWS web site and download the species list that is dated Dec 03 they are on there as a class two species. Cool. However, when the NPWS guy came to the Mac Herps meeting a few months ago he bought a more current list with him that didn't have it on it. However, I think that if you wanted to import one from a licenced keeper in Qld they would allow it. It was probably only removed because the number kept here is a big fat zero.

B ecause it has been a while I thought I should put this thread back
U p because you never know, a keeper of these lovely lizards
M ight actually read this thread and offer to sell me some beautiful
P arsinus!!!

very creative pete, i wish you luck, they certainly are a stunning monitor that is poorly represented in aus

Peter,

Perhaps you would have more luck pushing for there introduction into captivity.

As it seem that none currently are.

Beg the Australian Reptile Park to begin a captive breeding program.

Matt

would it help if a group of us asked the aussie reptile park 2 start breeding them? insted of just pete?

hornet said:
would it help if a group of us asked the aussie reptile park 2 start breeding them? insted of just pete?

It wouldnt be so much numbers of people i think if your presented them with a reason better than just wanting one you would have a chance, if they are only found off shore, are maybe under threat of being wiped out or something.

I dont know, maybe the "reptile ranch" would be intrested.

Anything is worth a try i guess, good luck Pete.

Matt

How cynical is that Afro!!! And don't worry about banding together - Pete has more power than all of us put together lol!!!

J.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back