New enclosure just finished... Boaphile styled

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

reptilemart

Reaction score
Just thought I would put some pics up of the enclosure I just finished last night.
I tried to replicate the Boaphile styled cages as much as possible as I like the clean lines and unobtrusive design.

Prep stage, just finished putting it together. The inside was painted whilst in knock-down form.
DSCN0686.JPG

Plenty of bog and lots of sanding to give the enclosure a seamless appearance on the outside
DSCN0684.JPG

This is where the turn buttons will go to hold the acrylic window in place when closed.
DSCN0685.JPG

Finished, painted and with the acrylic window on. Also shows the arboreal hide box mounted to the sliding tracks.
enclosure1.JPG

A better view of the hidebox and the turn buttons. Also notice the 5mm gap on each end of the acrylic window. This is for ventilation and is the same method used in the BoaPhile cages. It provides a vent equivalent to 20cm2
enclosure2.JPG

A view from afar
enclosure3.JPG

With the lights on
enclosure5.JPG

My Bredli making the transfer from his old hide into his new one :)
enclosure4.JPG

Thanks for looking :)

That's really nice, very neat and clean. I'm inspired. ;-)

thanks for the comments. I'm hoping to knock up another 3 so that I can stack them. I've designed them so that the side walls will act as the main support, therefore being more forgiving when stacked. Hopefully I'll be able to find some space soon to knock the others up.

that has turned out very sleak and stylish mate i am in the the process of designing my own enclosure's im looking to build a 3 bank 4foot wide and about 6.5 feet tall for my diamond and 2 coastal's

Very nice and simple looking enclosure. What did you end up painting it in? It looks like it has a charcoal exterior by the end.

Also curious as to the dimensions, but that's some great craftmanship.

It is made out of 16mm MDF, sealed internally with High-Gloss enamel and silicon. Externally it has 4 coats of semi gloss enamel. The window is 5mm acrylic with clear turnbuttons to hold it closed. Hinges and turnbuttons are bolted in place, not screwed.

Dimension are as follows (all are external):
1200w x 550d x 350h. Some people may scoff at the 350 high, but with the arboreal hide I find the animals are happy enough with that height. The lower height is great for stacking and accentuates the sleeker look of the enclosure. IMO it is fine, others may disagree.

Thanks again for the comments

Thanks for the details. Will look quite smick with a bank of them.

I may have to steal your concept and constuct a smaller version for Gecko's and Ant. species. A Rack System with a view. :wink:

Thanks again

Damian

very nice reptilemart , what kind of heating /lighting you using in it .
And i know what i am gonna be doing on the weekend :wink: :wink:

the finished product looks great!

How thick is the arcylic window?

I use heat mats under the right hand side of the enclosure, there is also a compact fluoro on that side which bumps the ambient temp up about 1-2 degrees during the day. The heated side gets to about 36-38 degrees on the floor, and the cool side hovers between 17-18 (night time) to 21-24 degrees day time.

I like the temp gradients reptimart.
How do think it will go once stacked?
Will you use the same heating arrangements or consider the heat tape / mate in a false floor option to heat more the floor than the enclosure belows roof?

obviously once stacked, the top two enclosures are going to be warmer. I will put the top two on a shared thermostat with a lower max temp on the hot side. Both the females will go in the top two.

The bottom enclosure will have a base made up to raise it off the floor, the base will also have hidden casters to ease mobility. I will still use the Heat Mats for heating, or possibly heat cord.

Between each enclosure I'm contemplating the use of a thin sheet of styrofoam, however I'm kind of leaning against it as it will be difficult to control the stress points on each enclosure if they are stacked on foam.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back