euthanasia setups

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jeramie85

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
hi all

just wondering as im thinking of making a euthanasia setup could some people post some pictures of there own or even help with ideas as im not sure where to start

i have read
http://www.alysion.org/euthanasia/

but would still like some help if possible

also i may not be the only one that would like to know so i figured making a post would help others as well

main reason for looking at doing this is i believe it would be better than bonking my fury little pets on the head and plus i can freeze some as my rat has as of about 10 minutes ago just had another litter 18 this time where as her first litter a couple of weeks ago was about 13 she had them and got pregnant again

which kinda sux as i bought some rat pinkes yesterday

go ahead all comments advice and pictures relating to the subject will be helpfull and appreciated

cheers 8)

jeramie85, i have made my own version of a euthanasia chamber similar to the one mentioned in the link. It works a treat. I can't post pics at the moment as i have just used it and i need to wash it out. i will take photo's for you soon though.

thanks for that nvenm8

will eagerly await the arrival of your pics :lol:

even if someone had a step by step sort of thing on how to make one with or without pictures im sure would be helpfull
as at the moment im only dealing with you rodents as my snakes dont require adults (yet)

I can explain it a little though. In the mixing chamber I use a bag of marbles so that the vinegar and bi-carb soda can mix properly. I have an inline tap so that after the first stage is complete I can stop the gas back tracking. I then administer the second stage to complete the task.
Edit- i will be right back, i will go and clean it up now and take pics.

No worries jeramie85, the mixing chamber is for the Bi-carb soda, the Vinegar goes in the yellow container and upended to start the process. The marbles go in the mixing chamber so that you can mix the Bi-carb and vinegar properly. The tap is so i can prevent air entering while i disconnect the mixing chamber so a second batch can be prepared.

nvem8, you'd do Hitler proud with that setup. I really like the dual chamber idea, have to go and modify my setup now.

i made one not to long ago which was a complete and utter failure lol the mix went well until it exploded and filled the chamber with the vinegar solution and drowned the rats sort of worked i still had them die but it was such a terrible way to die and i had to throw them out as i couldnt get them smell of vinegar of the fuzzie rats.

My point is dont be like me and rush making it as it need's to be perfect tother wise u waste the rat's

Thats what the overflow tray is for :wink: . It catches any excess while still allowing the gas to flood the chamber.

I just made bigblackdogs chamber and it works a treat! with all the stuff it cost me 14.00 and took me 5 mins to make. Now I won't have to worry about supply anymore, ,mmm might have to get another small freezer! :)

and perhaps another snake or two so I can use all the mice!

lol mertle

thanks guys

im afraid i have not seen BBDs could you post a pic or send me a link so i can check it out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back