This Guy Is Just Plain Dumb

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ALLANA

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
I found this video on you tube I thought you's might want to have a look, this guy is either mad or really really stupid (steve irwin wannabe). [video=youtube;8wlbvV0vuB0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wlbvV0vuB0[/video]
:|

I saw a doco on Discovery channel where the guy you mentioned wanted to find the 10 deadliest snakes in the world. From memory - forgive me I'm old - he was bitten by about 4 of them. I would give up a job like that when my reflexes started slowing....

the guy in the youtube doc is Austen Stevens. i watch him on animal planet every monday night, he is really good. and he does have a great deal of respect for the animals he encounters. and he is not a steve irwin wannabe, he has been around for a long time. probably longer than steve irwin

yea.. i'm familiar with austin as well.. i watched him get bitten by a cobra the other day on animal planet.. i thort it was quite funny really.. he makes sure he access to antivenom.. so i guess he is a bit mad at it.. but he loves to take photos.. so i guess woteva blows his hair back.. he is pretty funny to watch and it takes u half the program to understand what he's saying and thats funny too

and he also had his camera smashed by a falling tree (and nearly squashed him too) in the amazon.. that was really funny as well.. hehehehehehe

What's the name of that red haired dude (whimpy looking guy) that also does snake catching programs? He has a really bad temper, especially when he gets bitten..

thats just stupid, looks a bit sus though! when he goes bak the second time!

What's the name of that red haired dude (whimpy looking guy) that also does snake catching programs? He has a really bad temper, especially when he gets bitten..

Mark o'shea i think is the one your thinking of...havent seen one of his shows for a while now that i think about it

Troy

Mark o'shea i think is the one your thinking of...havent seen one of his shows for a while now that i think about it

Troy

AH!!!
thats who it is... i dont think his shows are still on foxtel are they, cause i havent watched it in ages, and i havnt noticed it on there

I dont think they are...is called 'O'sheas Big Adventure'.....Animal Planet website is saying there is the spitting cobra episode airing Dec 26@7:00pm Not sure if its a new one...doesnt ring a bell but

Troy

I dont think they are...is called 'O'sheas Big Adventure'.....Animal Planet website is saying there is the spitting cobra episode airing Dec 26@7:00pm Not sure if its a new one...doesnt ring a bell but

Troy

yeah, we use to watch it all the time when its on. but havnt noticed it in the tv guide for a long time now.

That's him

Troy

Thanks Troy, that's him. Saw him get bitten by some snake (one that had fangs that protuded out sideways). He was in a foul mood and treated everyone quite rudely. I think that's the reason why I like him so much :)

What an idiot. He deserves everything he gets.

Isk

Haha that guy is funny :lol:
I noticed how they tried to suck the venom out, and the bite was a gash like a knife wound, it would be much like the old fashion way of cutting and sucking out the venom and it seemed to have worked for this guy.

wow... I don't have a huge amount of respect for the guy going back to hassel that Cobra... But he didn't seem to bad... But... If you did half of the things he did for an Aussie snake bite you'd be dead! Never try to bleed, wash or suck the venom of an aussie snake bite (so i have been told).

Firstly - Never bleed it - generally (this is what i was told) the wounds are not deep, and are intermuscular - not into the vein.

Never wash it - the main reason is it can reduce the chance of venom identification.

Never suck the venom out as all you end up doing is spreading where the venom goes...

I know full well that the techniques he uses are probably associated with deeper bites. But from what i am aware of, aussie vens all have short fangs!

Anywas, that was a good watch. would like to see more of this guy.

Cheers for that.

wow... I don't have a huge amount of respect for the guy going back to hassel that Cobra... But he didn't seem to bad... But... If you did half of the things he did for an Aussie snake bite you'd be dead! Never try to bleed, wash or suck the venom of an aussie snake bite (so i have been told).

Firstly - Never bleed it - generally (this is what i was told) the wounds are not deep, and are intermuscular - not into the vein.

Never wash it - the main reason is it can reduce the chance of venom identification.

Never suck the venom out as all you end up doing is spreading where the venom goes...

I know full well that the techniques he uses are probably associated with deeper bites. But from what i am aware of, aussie vens all have short fangs!

Anywas, that was a good watch. would like to see more of this guy.

Cheers for that.

yep, compression bandadge all the way! stops lymphatic system from carrying the venom around the body. can hold symptoms off for like 24 hours or sumthin..:shock:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back