Urgent help needed!!!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Charlie

Reaction score
Hi everyone a few months ago i bought a bluetongue, i have always thought it was a male. Anway i let it out every now and then to just wander around the house, i came home from the movies just now and there are baby blue tongues everywhere some appear to be lifeless while others are still alive, they are still in their sacks ,what do i do?

slit the sacks if your really worried with a sharp pair of scissors,,
but id let them go natural..

ok thanks i'm thinking that they might all be alive now and that they just looked dead. any more info or help greatly appreciated, this caught me very off guard!

make sure you collcect them all up and keep them on some lightly moist paper in an escape proof container and remove all the ones that break free

ok some of them are still completely inside their sacks head and all, is this ok or do i need to free their heads?

Just wipe it clear of their head with your fingers, it should split fairly easily. You will need to seperate them from the mother as she will forget they are hers in a few days and may eat them, also offer the mum plenty of food over the next few days so she can get her condition back.
Goodluck!

How'd you go Charlie, how many bubs?

Hi Jordo, Unfortunately it was a bit of a disaster, they didn't seem to have the strength to free themselves even after i assisted them bye wiping it away from their heads, i think some of them may have been still born or died before i got their but i managed to save two out of seven, by completly removing them from their sack and feeding the after birth to them, i didn't have much hope for them last night but by this morning they were active and looking healthy. So all in all not a great success or first experience but at least i managed to save two.
P.s Thanks to all who helped

I'd call that a success considering you thought it was a male! :p
Are they blotched or eastern blueys?

What a random suprise! Did she drop them all over your house while she was wondering? :O or in her enclosure?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back