sick snake in pet shop

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sammccarthy

Reaction score
hi everyone,
i went to a certain pet shop in springvale (i only go there to see if there is any bad looking animals) and saw a atherton jung that was continuously squirming and it body was twisting it looked like it was in absolute agony,

i also saw a ridgey there thats eyes were sunken in and was very malnourished.
every time i leave there i fell sick.

i have complained previously and nothing ever happens.

thanks,

sam.

Complain to the DSE. Photos or the like might also help.

Hrmm. Do they look ILL or uncomfortable?

Do they look bad enough for you to interfere? Report them if you are 110% sure of it being malnourished. Next time you are there, ask to see the atherton and see if there is anything physical wrong with him/her.

If it makes you sick, don't go there.

They've been reported countless times over the last few years. They sell poached animals, they neglect, they go on with business as usual and make a fortune. It's a sad state of affairs.

By all means report them, at some point someone will have to do something, but don't get your hopes up about seeing speedy action.

when i went there a few weeks back there was a turtle that was preaty much dead in there tank what a descrase

They've been reported countless times over the last few years. They sell poached animals, they neglect, they go on with business as usual and make a fortune. It's a sad state of affairs.

By all means report them, at some point someone will have to do something, but don't get your hopes up about seeing speedy action.

Takes time it will happen similar is no longer in operation, have heard the new Dept head is a bit of a gun

sdaji is right they have been reported numerous times and nothing ever happens,
i have been told that one the owner sits on the board for the dse,

and vinceFASSW, it is the first time i have been there in 8 months and i only ever go in if i am going that way.

sam.

sdaji is right they have been reported numerous times and nothing ever happens,
i have been told that one the owner sits on the board for the dse,

and vinceFASSW, it is the first time i have been there in 8 months and i only ever go in if i am going that way.

sam.

I meant no offense with what I said Sam, if you took it that way. Sometimes it's just better to rid it of your life if you've done all you can. That's all I was trying to imply.

ok fair enough sometimes things just come out so blunt on computers,
no offence taken,
it just ticks me off when i know numerous people who complain and nothing ever happens.

thanks,

sam.

maybe we should go to the press they might not be able to do anything themselves but once the public sees it on tv the dse would have no choice but to do something about it.

Yeah. I understand completely. Sounds like someone needs to meet Mr Fist :p

hi sam,i know that shop,its a bloody sisgrace,they charge so much for there animals as well,but most r in very poor condition and have been there for years the poor things,they once had a storrs monitor in there that was so malnourished it looked like skin and bones,eg dead and dried up,i went for a look one time and saw it had died,i told them it was dead and looked like it had been dead for some time,they dont have a clue,im not saying there name,but big shop and they sell birds to,lol,and i wont start about the birds either,also once i saw they had a mitchels water monitor for sale,and yes it was a mitchels,not a mertons,was an adult,very malnourished,similar to the storrs in health,just slowly dieing,not sure if it sold,probably died,and there not even alowed to be kept in victoria,if u ran your hand along the cage it followed and tried to eat your finger,obviously wanted food,i cant believe shops can be like that and stay in business,utter disgrace

I just wish there were exceptions to assault and/or murder charges- Man, wouldn't members of this forum just love it :D [well.. i would]

That's virtually what they are doing to these poor animals. Murder.
Knowingly not feeding them well and such. Probably not the best idea to post the name on the forum, but make sure to tell your friends not to purchase from there.

Go in there and tell them off in front of other customers......

I started working their for a while a couple years ago. I quit due to many problems i had with how it was run (not allowing time spent to maintain enclosures, etc) (All about sales sales sales!) I would never buy anything from their and fell sorry for everything that was kept their. Many customers complained and they got reported all the time, always inspectors from RSPCA, etc looking over the place. Some days they would get numerous phone calls. I hated it. Hence quiting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back