2 Degree Of Freedom adjustable lighting

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Smittiferous

Reaction score
Hello,

I put this together for a new enclosure build I'm doing. The setup allows for relatively easy relocation of lighting and heating fittings to suit enclosure furniture rather than having to set up your furniture to match the positioning of your basking spots. As of writing it isn't 100% finished but I hope you get the idea!

I bought two of these lengths of slotted angle from ye olde supermassive hardware and gardening chain, same section as aluminium and steel profiles and angle:
IMG_3832.JPG

Trimmed them to size and screwed them equal distance from the ceiling on the front and rear (you can do side to side). I opted for 90mm ceiling to underside, to allow room for the socket flex:
IMG_3833.JPG
IMG_3836.JPG

Measuring between the enclosure walls, I cut some batons about 10mm short, and rested them on the angle. Cutting them short allows me to rotate them to get them out. Lights will be mounted on these:

IMG_3837.JPG

I'll cut slots in the centre to allow for easy longitudinal adjustment of one of these fittings:
iJLIOT8.jpg

Cv935wG

Cv935wG

Cv935wG.jpg)

holy excessive image size batman...
Cv935wG

This baton stood on end will be used to hang a branch:

IMG_3839.JPG

All the batons are screwed at each end through the slots in the angle. Nowhere near finished but you get the idea. Will post more pics when it's all in situ and working etc.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back