2 Tailed garden skink

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pythons73

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Well i was doing some mowing etc around the yard,and i thought my eyes were playing tricks on me.Anyhow i found this weird looking garden skink..Hope you find it as funny as i did..

Attachments

• 101_0955.jpg
    101_0955.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 161
  • 101_0953.jpg
    101_0953.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 194
  • 101_0957.jpg
    101_0957.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 792
He's attempting to look like a centipede! Smart skink! (pedes sting/bite) The new tail was probably just damaged as it was trying to grow back.

you them them round from time to time, happens when the tail is partially damaged so it regrows but the original tail isnt damaged enough to drop, i have seen them with 3 in the past and i believe there was a pic of an AHG with approx 10 tail tips in an issue of reptiles australia

I havent seen any like this before,some have-some havent..I just thought it was a interesting to see something a little out of the ordinary..Hornet the original tail is broken,but only roughly half way down,then the new one is growing from above that..Either way i thought it was extrordinary different...

I caught one a few years ago in Sydney that had about 5 tail tips. I have a photo somewhere. As has been said though, its when the original tail doesn't drop but a new one is grown.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back