$20.00 Export Permit Fee in NSW?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bigblackdog

Reaction score
I'm in Qld, so I need to fill out a movement advice when moving an animal, the cost of said advice is around $1.50 from memory...

I'm currently in negotiations to purchase an animal from a breeder in NSW. He's just added a $20.00 Export Permit Fee to the price, and I just want to know is this a legit charge?

I've purchased animals here in Qld & from Vic & NT, but never NSW, so I don't want to jump to any conclusions. Obviously I would happily pay the charge if it does exist.

Can anyone please shed any light on this for me?
If it does indeed cost $20.00 to move an animal in NSW, commiserations to all NSW Herpers - that just plain sucks.

If that's the case...

Thanks.

Wow - that truly sucks then :cry:
Guess it's another reason why Herping's Great In The Sunshine State! :D
Thanks for the replies guys.

Please, everyone else, I just needed this answer.
Feel free to discuss if you wish, but I think it's unanimous that this truly sucks.

Gee, 20 bucks only - try exporting from WA, $180 for the first 5 animals, then $10 per animal thereafter... We've all got it very easy on this side of the country.

J.

It sucks that he's passing on that $20 charge to you for what's ostensibly his responsibility.
He'll probably charge you for the fuel his car uses to get it to the airport. Plus any tolls on the way as well.
Just plain wrong in my opinion.

Cheers, Greg.

Re: RE: $20.00 Export Permit Fee in NSW?

Pythoninfinite said:
Gee, 20 bucks only - try exporting from WA, $180 for the first 5 animals, then $10 per animal thereafter... We've all got it very easy on this side of the country.

J.

Clarification please on the $180 for 1st 5 animals?
If I was in WA & you were in Qld, and I sold you 1 Coastal Python for $150, then the actual price to you, incorporating the Export fee would be $330.00?

If I was shipping 20 monitors from WA to Qld, then it would be an additional $330 in fees regardless? ($180 for first 5 animals + $10 x 15 remaining animals?)

If that's the case, I don't see me buying too much out of WA.

Gregory said:
It sucks that he's passing on that $20 charge to you for what's ostensibly his responsibility.
He'll probably charge you for the fuel his car uses to get it to the airport. Plus any tolls on the way as well.

Cheers, Greg.

Funny you should say that, he mentioned in an email that he wasn't going to charge me for petrol! He does seem to live a ways out though...

Gregory said:

Cheers, Greg.
Ile have to remember that when i buy in WA ile save a fortune,they pay all costs its their responsibility HA HA ( ducks for cover as pilbara initiates an air strike) :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: 8) 8) :lol:

RE: Re: RE: $20.00 Export Permit Fee in NSW?

i think if they want the reptile freighted, they should pay all cost or dont buy them from interste it might not be much if you only have one to sell but if your breeding its different i pay that $20 import when i buy from interstate thats my choice to buy from another state .so if i sell an animal for $300 and some one from another state wants it i will cost $60 to $80 freight and $20 export cost ,Gregory should i take this of my price so i only get $200 for my reptile I dont thinks

I never said anything about freight charges. Of course the buyer should pay for those but to charge the buyer for your export permit is wrong in my book.

I also think its fine to cover all costs including fuel, especially if you have a 2-3hr round trip to get to the airport. At $1.50 a litre unless you drive a 3 cylinder charade it ain't cheap. A better idea is to combine all freight on the same day by advertising that you only freight once or twice a month, saves driving there numerous times.

I cover import/export permits on bigger purchases from me but if it's for a childrens python or a beardie i'm not forking out for it.
I would rather not sell interstate if that was the case, if people want to buy from interstat then thats part of the price IMO.
I also charge a a bit for fuel as i have a 2 hour round trip to the airport over 2 days to freight anywhere.
I have to drive to the AAE office(which is not at the airport) which is about 1.5hrs round trip driving time and then i have to go to the airport the next day to put the reptile on the plane.......am i going to charge for fuel? Sure am, i wouldn't be doing all that at my cost when i could wait a bit longer for someone to come and pick up.

As far as i see it people have a right to charge whatever they feel like for freight, different people have different situations and if buyers don't want to pay it then thats their choice.

SNKMST said:
Yeah NPWS charge $20 for import/export permits I believe to cover admin costs.

Don't the other states have admin? :? The 20 bucks bloody sucks :!:

i think aqs long as they are up front with you that they are going to ad the $20 bucks to the total cost so then you know the total price befor you say you will take it.i think thats fine....imo.

i will always tell the other party what the cost are if they want it and cant find it in there state then its there choice, but i am not going to cover cost for them, i have bought heaps from nearly every state if i want it i will pay all cost , i also live 200klm from the Airport i have never charged for fuel yet those that think it Sucks take it up withNPWS not the seller
its bad enough haveing scab asking you to drop $100 to $200 of f your reptile because they cant afford it , if you cant afford to buy it you cant afford too keep it properly either

Gregory said:

You seen the price of petrol?

Cheers, Greg.

I'm the seller of this animal & I agree with most of what has been said here.

I wouldn't normally pass it on for large purchases but it is just for one animal.

More the point is that it's a 2 & a half hour + round trip for me no mater which airport I use.

It's probably going to cost me $30 bucks in fuel but that's my fault for not owning a hybrid car or vespa I guess.

I don't blame Bbd for asking. I would too.

If everything is itemised & above board it's then the buyers choice I guess.

Bbd & I have exchanged about a dozen emails so I hope he's happy with the service & more importantly the animal. I'm sure he'll let you know.

Cheers Moe.

hi bdb,
it's now $2.70 for a movement advice in qld, it was $1.15 a couple years ago, i wouldn't be surprised to see the costs increase in qld in the near future, just my opinion,

i agree that as long as the seller is up front at the start then the buyer has the chance to say no thanks, when i first starting buying from other states i was a bit upset at some of the freight costs i was quoted, i chose not to buy, but if the seller had told me i was paying for the export permit and so much for fuel i would have been more likely to pay it as i thought the seller was just bumping up the price via freight charges,

i can just add that as i've now had to freight a few times to other states that unless you have to do it you don't really know the extra time and costs involved in getting the reptile to the airport,
now i understand the extra costs for freighting and also understand when sellers say they won't freight, i always will freight, but at the buyers expence,

cheers,
steve..............

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back