2008 Blue Morph hatchies (pics)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BlindSnake

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
I was bored, so I thought I would put up a cpl pics of the largest blue morph punctulata hatchie..
Its banding and colour are starting to come out now, although he/she is still tiny. This one is the best feeder, and flys over to his bowl every time you change the water, hoping some fish will appear! Weve nicknamed it killer cos its such a good hunter already.

Attachments

• Picture 243.jpg
    Picture 243.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 160
  • Picture 234.jpg
    Picture 234.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 72
  • DSC00124.jpg
    DSC00124.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 79
awsome mate!
i can't wait until mine arrives! (if it ever does :( )

cool. that is tiny. do you just feed fish? or lizards aswell? what kind of fish? wha size? how often?

how cute.....thats antastic.

Cheers,
Dave

Nice tree snakes, i havnt ever seen one with yellow on its back before. Did you breed them?

Silly question but are they venomous?

Technically yes, but they are completely harmless, they probably could harm a frog though. They dont have any fangs either.

Green Tree Snakes are considered mildly venomous but are harmless. I learnt from a reputable source that there is no need to treat a bite as you would a brown or other dangerous snake.

They are gorgeous little snakes. I am a FAWNA worker and just released a new baby GTS. Tried to get a photo of him as he left but he said NUP, bugger off. I'm outa here. I had my camera ready but he was super quick to go.

Hey he's so cute! especially with that nick name lol...Was it really hard to breed them? I've been told it's super difficult, congrats blind snake he's awsome!

He is very cute! so if he bit you are there any side effects like feeling a little nausia or nothing?

He is very cute! so if he bit you are there any side effects like feeling a little nausia or nothing?

Absolutely nothing, i doubt they could deliver venom effectively to a human. Virtually the same as a python bite.

Green Tree Snakes are non venomous, they have solid teeth and no fangs or venom. They have very sharp teeth, but a bite would only result in a few punctures and a bit of bleeding.

Green Tree Snakes are considered mildly venomous but are harmless. QUOTE]

wrong brown tree snakes are midly venomous rear fanged colubrids, and green tree
snakes are solid toothed colubrids, with no venom at all

Ok. I'm only repeating what I have been told, and they are listed as mildly venomous on NPWS list.

They do have venom, its just mild and cant be injected because they dont have fangs. If anyone has any evidence to disprove this i would be interested to hear.

This site has some info on the research done by Dr Brian Fry (aka Venomdoc).

www.venomdoc.com

I have checked the roadkills and have not found any sign of venom glands or even enlarged rear teeth.
Im no expert but i think that would indicate they are non venomous.
If there has been any recent studies to prove that the glands are there id be interested in seeing them.
Next time you see a roadkill gts, cut it up and check yourself...
Also i recently bumped a thread on venomdoc to try get some info off the experts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back