2013 S&T Reptile Festival

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Would like to thank Steve and Troy from Scales and Tails for putting on an excellent show this year. Compared to where we were last time this new venue brings the movement to a higher level - the facilities were very professional. We all start somewhere and the shows were always a great event to attend. It is always good to see where you have come from and compare that to where you are heading. Next year's show will be even better again - the turn out was huge and while I saw some familiar faces in the crowd, there were also a multitude of new faces.

The dinner was also very impressive - food was great and the speakers were awesome. Learned about morphs and how genetics work (at least on the surface), learned about how frogs are endangered generally from a fungus and how Brian Barczyk built his empire - inspiring to say the least.

Virides made quite a few sales and QR2id also got a good run and was well received. We also, because of the dinner, got some amazing one-on-one time with Brian Barczyk from BHB Reptiles (Michigan), Phillip from Star Pythons (Germany) and Peter Birch from Colourful Critters (NSW) talking to them about QR2id and it's application for breeders. A massive thanks to Scales and Tails for making something like this possible so that small businesses like us are to be able to take on the world :)

I genuinely enjoyed the day, I wish it went for 2 days and it probably will if it keeps growing like it has over the years. Great to see the politicians there to. We also need to band together - differences aside, so that we can push government. I'm in!

Last edited by a moderator:
need to put the breeders in the air con room next year, it was a sweatbox in there. Also something more then jags and bhp would be nice. It was a good day tho and everyone should make an effort to get there next year, I will be.

Last edited:
Whats the chances of getting footage of Gavin Bedford's speech uploaded to the site or youtube with his permission so the rest of us that cant make it there can be on the same page. I think what he is proposing could be very beneficial to the herp community as a whole and if the word is spread as far as possible it will strengthen the support.

Aaron
Aaron I've got a recording of Gavin Bedford and Greg Miles talk I don't think anybody else recorded it. Once I get the PowerPoint data I will edit them together and post it in a new thread on here. It was an ok day pity so many were more interested in being "star struck" than actually taking an interest in the speakers and their exciting and innovative ideas. Overall was a good show (hope they learnt from their mistakes) congrats to the organisers for putting our hobby out there to showcase the amazing variety of animals, products and information available to all hobbyists. I'd like to see next years go over two days with a trade show and guest speakers day and then animal show day that way everyone is able to attend the talks as its hard to do both when your showing animals. Also a better venue for the animals not so hot and a better suited lecture type venue for the speakers where proper presentations can be given (a TV outside in front of a grandstand is not very inviting and doesn't give the speakers the atmosphere they deserve)
There was some very sexy animals on display and a great product section too. I look forward to next year as they just keep getting better and better. Nice work Troy and Steve :)

Last edited:
with such a big field there it would of been nice to have breeders in outdoor displays covering the whole field (Like the one as you walked past as you went into the product displays) and then have the talks inside the produce display area.

Really enjoyed the whole event including the gala dinner. Thank you to all the organisers and speakers. Learned a great deal from everyone. Can't wait till next year!!

I only took a few pictures of the stuff that I found interesting. Jags,Zebs and all the other funky morphs don't really do anything for me ( of which there were plenty of). Birch's Antaresia display was very well presented( sorry I didn't take any shots of it).

P1030043_zps10667e1f.jpg

P1030044_zpsdbdd4bda.jpg

P1030049_zps97b51da2.jpg

P1030051_zpseb45cad8.jpg

P1030054_zpsd2bfb7cd.jpg

P1030055_zps62a72d88.jpg

P1030056_zpsd765e6c7.jpg

P1030062_zps603d0044.jpg

Still worth the $10 entry fee to go along and catch up with a few other herpers.

Cheers

Aaron I've got a recording of Gavin Bedford and Greg Miles talk...
Thats great. Will look forward to checking it out.
Could you please shoot me a pm when you upload it.

Who was displaying the calico BHP?

An excellent show and great turnout indeed. New venues always have teething problems, and the extreme temps didn't help, but overall I thought it was fantastic. My second festival, it's definitely worth the treck up from the mid-north coast NSW, and I'll certainly be there again next year. Troy and Steve did a great job of organising, the guest speakers were great, and the internationals were as genteel and informative as ever (the lack of ego with these guys never ceases to amaze me)!

On behalf of myself and Michael Banicek, thanks so much guys (& Joy) for your hospitality and generosity - it's truly outstanding and appreciated :).

Jamie

Jamie

It was an awsome day!!
The first expo I've been to but will not be the last! Only down side was the heat other then that it was great and I can't wait for the next one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back