24 hour red bulb Yes No Maybe

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TattooPat

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi just wanted to know everyone's thoughts about 24hr bulbs would use a Day/night thermostat to cool down over night

Last edited:
Reds or blues are ok but still beneficial to add some white light during day light hours unless room is well lit so as to replicate day/night cycles. Darker the colour the better.

Is this for snakes if so do children pythons need lots of sun light

I am not sure about snake this is the light set up I am thinking about doing for Beardies

id prefer a bright basking light,lights them better than uv tubes and red/blue bulbs,more realistic day lighting,also living on the gold coast,i probably wouldnt offer any night heat

how old are they? if they're only hatchies i'd recomend a CHE to keep temps up overnight. if they are older you will be alright with no night heating.

i hate the red bulbs for lizards at night, i reckon they can still see it, and it disturbs their sleep patterns as they will be out basking at midnight.

i use just a 40w spotlight globe in my 4x2x2 enclosures, gets a basking spot of 40+ degrees , keeps the warm end warm, and the cool end cool.

Still waiting have not got my Beardies yet so what About winter temps on gold coast still drop to 10/13 degrees so I would set night thermostat to 17 degrees

It's so hard to settle on one idea for heating set up one person says this one person says something totally diffrent then books say something diffrent then the next book I read says something else I am so confused :(:rolleyes:

Last edited:
one person says this one person says something totally diffrent then books say something diffrent then the next book I read says something else I am so confused :(:rolleyes:

Welcome to the wonderful world of reptiles. Try it all, and find out what works best for you in your situation.

I guess I will go with what I think is right then go from there and do any adjustments need

Forums for a newbie like me can do more harm then good I think

Forums for a newbie like me can do more harm then good I think
Wiser words were never said! Don't blow off the forums for good thought, they do help give a basic understanding, just don't read everything assuming it's correct, cross reference everything. When you learn a bit more, they forums become a mountain of useful information. This forum saved two of my bearded dragons. If you know what you are asking for, people are really helpful.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back