2yo Jungle not feeding

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

breno777

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, Iv just aquired a 2yo jungle that has been refusing food for the past 3 months
(approx). Can any one give me some tips on how to get him started again. Any help would be much appreciated. Cheers guys. :)

Prob not eating due to winter, turn up heat alittle and offer smaller meal sizes.
He should come round when hes ready.

2yo would be able to go quite a long time without food? Someone with more experience can probably give you an idea of how long. My jungle went off his food over this season and he is around 10months old. I was advised at his size he could go around 9 months without food. I bumped his temps to 33 and he had a feed a 2.5 weeks ago and wouldn't eat last weekend.

Not sure of weight but his non feeding is realy showing. REALY SMALL GURTH. I'll weigh him now if i can get him out without getting taged.

I'm trying to get pic from phone to computer but i'm having trouble. I'll post pic asap. Cheers

One would have to wonder why you "acquired" a 2 y.o. jungle that is not eating, maybe is was a real cheap acquisition.

What weight should it be???????????????? there is no set formula as to age and weight. With most things weight depends on how often and how much it is fed.
At only 190 grams I'd reckon that it has been a non feeder for some time.....

mate its probaly nothing to worry about they refuse food over this period....diregarding the last two feeds my 20 month old spotted refused food for over 2 months...your snake should come good in the next few weeks as it warms up...however still post a pic so the people with more knowledge than me can tell u if it is more of a concern..

hope this helps, cheers dean :)

Agree, it's probably just because of winter. My stimmie, from hatchy age, used to refuse food from about April to about October every year, regardless of what temp I had the heat at.

Post a pic to be sure, but he's probably just doing his natural snakey thing :)

One would have to wonder why you "acquired" a 2 y.o. jungle that is not eating, maybe is was a real cheap acquisition.
This snake was given to me bye i guy how was getting out of herps and didnt have the time to spend getting it feeding again.

The snake has plenty of weight to carry it for many months, don't worry about it for a couple of months, let it settle in then it should eat come late spring, if it doesn't worry about it then.

Cheers everyone. You have been a great help and have eased my mind. Thanks heaps for the advice!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back