Dehydrated Python?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

X_Belle_X

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi there,

I’ve had my Murray Darling for about 3 years (got him from a pretty dodgy pet shop). He’s been absolutely amazing, eats great, super friendly, sheds are amazing etc. he does go off food for a few of the cooler months of the year but vet has informed me that’s pretty normal. He’s always had this sort of white but under his eyes since I’ve got him. Vet seems unconcerned but I’m wondering if it’s a sign he’s dehydrated? His sheds are always full and almost on the dot every 3-4months and he never refuses a feed. Anyone experienced this? Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• IMG_0964.jpeg
    IMG_0964.jpeg
    933.8 KB · Views: 0
All evidence points to a python that is healthy, you said it yourself - eats and sheds perfectly. Looks like just a part of his eye. If he was dehydrated wouldn't his sheds be in pieces?

I'll let some others chime in but it doesn't seem like anything to be concerned about.

All evidence points to a python that is healthy, you said it yourself - eats and sheds perfectly. Looks like just a part of his eye. If he was dehydrated wouldn't his sheds be in pieces?

I'll let some others chime in but it doesn't seem like anything to be concerned about.
Thank you! He’s my first snake so even almost 3 years later I start worrying over the tiniest little thing even if it’s something he’s always had 😅 he’s my baby so I just want to make sure!

Back