3x?x? or a 4x?x? Beardie enclosure

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

004dam

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I am going to the markets this weekend, There is a guy there that sells cheap tank enclosures. I am going to see what he has to offer for a lizard enclosure. I plain on getting a fairly young dragon I have been reading about 6 inches is a good size to home. I was hoping to keep the one tank so I didnt have to upgrade later. Would I be better off getting a 4x2x2? or a 3x2x2? Or should it be taller wider etc? If I got a 4 foot I could block 1/4 of the tank off so it does no seem so "big" to the lizard?.

Thanks,

I think the bigger the better for any lizard, no need to block any of it off

i keep my 2 girls in a 4x2x2 and my boy by himself in a 4x2x2 otherwise he doesn't leave em alone!!!

I should clarify I ment block a bit off as I heard they scare a bit in a big tank and open it up as it's a bit older/wiser. I will be housing one lizard not sure if male or female yet.

I think the bigger the better for any lizard, no need to block any of it off

Been looking online every so often to see what pops up second hand. I have found a 4x 1.5x1.5 feet old fish tank ( needs new silicone or something) for 20$. Would I get away with a 1.5foot high tank? Would it be too much of a pain accessing it from the top rather then having sliding glass panels?. Otherwise I may be able to cut the old silicone and remove the front glass panel and add in a sliding glass panel. ( not sure how hard that would be). Then I would have ventaliation up top and fixing for my lights and access through the front.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back