50c turtle?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It won't be the size of a 50 cent piece for long, unless shes doing something wrong.

hahahaha..... the old wives tale has gone metric....

Just chuck it on the teat, and it will grow just fine.

It can be a Murray Short Neck turtle, does it have a long neck or short neck?

they used to call them penny turtles,

and yea turtles dont stay that size very long

or maybe the turtle cost her 50cents?

or maybe its a gangsta turtle ,like fiftycent?

50-cent-ayo-technology-single-cover.jpg

As already said they used to call them penny turtles and a lot of people that buy them think they stay that size. They don't. In my experience generally it is a long neck turtle but I could be wrong :)

they used to be called penny turtles lol. will grow to the size of a bread and butter plate.

This was / is a pet shop trick used to mislead customers into thinking that the cute little turtle that they purchased will forever stay that way.

It depends how much you feed it,
I had two short necks that were feed too much and they grow to that size in about 6mths
Now they are in a pond I had to dig for them
They had two young that I know of and they are inside. They are about a year old and due to smaller feedings are about 5 - 8cm

I can't see this to be different in long necks.
If their legs are bulging at the shell they you are feeding them too much and it isn't good for them.

Being young you should feed them every day, when they are bigger 2 - 3 times a week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back