a bit off help

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ashley_morris22

Reaction score
Hi all,
i have built so enclosures with mdf any way, with the back off the cage should i use more then cut air vents or should i use thick peg board or ply wood, i do have a few enclosurse i have built before, i was just thinking different after i was looking at pics of other peoples snakes and i just wonted to know. they are 400x600x600foot and 1 is 100x500x600.
buy the way this is not a big problem just wanting different ideas.

thanks-heaps
ashley

ashley_morris22 said:
they are 400x600x600foot and 1 is 100x500x600.

400 x 600 x 600 foot? That's a bloody big enclosure!
:p :p :p
lol

Hix

Must be an adult breeding colony of retics.....lol:)

You'll need your own power station just to heat the enclosure though, so could be a bit expensive to run.
Just a thought.

pegboard is good and cheap, BUT, it is very inefficent at holding heat. you can also use the same mdf and just install some air vents.. a circular cut bit for a drill costs like $5 and you can buy vent covers that fit in the holes from Mitre 10 for like $2 each..... either is good, but sometimes I think pegboard can be a massive wast of heat.

craig

If you buy the metal flywire you can cut a hole and a piece of mesh to suit and just screw it to the back of the anclosure. You can make it as big or as small as you like.

I have my vents at each end of my enclosure ........... IS this wrong ? (not front and back )

no, you can have them where ever you like really.... I have them at the back and sides. as long as it has good ventilation... which is, the snake can breath fresh air, and it lets humidity out so you dont end up with a sauna :)

craig

You really need to consider airflow within the enclosure. I'll say right now that I am a newbie herper, but I'm also a carpenter and before I built my enclosure was lucky to see a pic of a few enclosures Fuscus had built (another carpenter). If you have a vent at one end down low and at the other end up high you will get a good flow though of fresh air as the cold air enters at the bottom then exits at the top.

cheers

Browndog

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back