A few photos (DUW)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

slacker

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
A few photos I managed to get today.

Firstly, a head shot of one of my birthday presents. A six year old female childreni to pair up with my male this season:

DSC_1003.jpg

Next, a very young, very fast P. barbata we found today. This was the best shot I managed as he kept getting in amongst long grass.

DSC_1048.jpg

A small frog (about 2-3cm). Unsure of species; frogs aren't my thing. Anyone got an ID?

DSC_1061.jpg

Same frog again. This photo isn't as good but the focus is better.

DSC_1076.jpg

And finally, a weevil.

DSC_1032.jpg

Well....... yes lol.

I was hoping to find a keelback or a rbb, but the barbata and frog was as close as I got, sadly. Truth be told, my girlfriend spotted both of them--I'm just about blind when it comes to finding these things lol.

nice photos mate. wondering what sort of camera your using?

Thanks JasonL :D

Are they common? I'm assuming so, but that's based completely on ignorance. There's quite a few at that location.

Thanks levis04 :D

Those shots were taken using my girlfriend's Nikon D50. Lenses used were my Sigma 50mm F2.8 EX DG macro and my girlfriend's Tokina 75-300mm F4-5.6 which actually isn't too bad, considering it's a low-end tele zoom. I've used far worse low-end tele zooms!

yeah, really common. If you can find the right spot, there will be hundreds, in the wrong spots there's still a few......

wow, top notch photos, wish i could take them as good. its inspired me to tempt myself into buying some frogs, given that i have no money or space.

Thanks Scott & Josh :D

I'm not that keen on frog. Cool to photograph (whole lot easier than small lizards, at any rate), but I wouldn't want to keep them.

Thanks Australis / Ash / firedragon :)

I'm thinking about heading down to that spot again in the near future.. hopefully I'll find some more interesting critters to photograph. Seems okay, especially considering it's only 5mins drive from my house :D

Want to go on a trip down to Lamington National Park as well, but I've got to scrounge up the motivation required for the drive lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back