A few pics, feel free to ID.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SouthSydney

Reaction score
Here's a few pics of a few different animals from around the joint. Couple of reptiles included. Feel free to ID them if you know them.

The first one I've ID'd as a Mourning Gecko Lepidodactylus lugubris.

DSCN2295.jpg

A Carlia skink of some kind I'm assuming. Haven't got around to ID'ing it myself.

DSCN2305.jpg

Crab

DSCN2223.jpg

Another Crab.

DSCN1660.jpg

Mudskipper.

DSCN2222.jpg

Cassowaries.

DSCN2100.jpg

A wicked looking hornet looking thing.

DSCN2489.jpg

Some roo's fighting.

DSCN1901.jpg

Cheers :)

Here's a couple more...

Red Flying-fox (feel free to correct me if I'm wrong). Pretty sure it was crispy-fried, but I could be wrong...

DSCN2497.jpg

Hawk of some kind.

DSCN2371.jpg

Hermit Crab.

DSCN2272.jpg

Turtle of some kind. I'm guessing a Saw-shelled Turtle Wollumbinia latisternum.

DSCN1790.jpg

DSCN1789.jpg

Can't remember what we figured this one out to be, but I'm pretty sure we ruled it out as not being a Red-Eyed Tree Frog.

DSCN1643.jpg

DSCN1644.jpg

Can't remember what we figured this out to be either, but I did know. It's apparently rare according to one of those wildlife shows (can't remember which one it was).

DSCN1620.jpg

Anyways, enjoy.

Last edited:
Don't think they're endangered Baz, just rarely seen in Oz as they're more common further up north in New Guinea. Gorgeous animals!

nice pics ,Looks like your in my mothers backyard @Mission Beach .

Nah the frogs gracilenta, and I think your 'hawk' is a wedgy, though I'm pretty bad with the avian reptiles.

Silly me I forgot the prominent ridge above the eye was a key feature of gracilenta instead of xanthomera, I really should know this considering I have owned gracilenta before :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back