a few questions..

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AllThingsReptile

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
okay, first off im going to tassie at the end of this year, does anybody know any good herping spots(i will PM tassieherper), as im gonna be there for 5 weeks and will NOT pass up the opportunity :D, yes i will post pix :)

second, has anyone been herping to Mount Pilot in Victoria, just near Chiltern??
apparently there is a wild population of MD's there and i am dying to confirm that,
also in the few trips that i have been there (none of them herp-related), ive stumbled on RBB's and browns and heaps of skinks, any advice/help or good areas would be great....i know you might not want to give up goos spots but .....please.. lol

cheers, seb

Theres bandi bandis up at mt pilot too apparently!! LOL Ive never had a good look there, but i know there are eastern bearded dragons in the national park there.
I dont know about MDs at mt pilot but it wouldnt surprise me, i know theyre in the warby rangest west of Wangaratta.....if you can find them!!LOL Ive never seen one, but know a lot of people who have, and know people who live in that area that get them in there roofs.
If you just follow the signs to mt pilot, then park at the car park at the base, you can walk around through the bush and theres rocky outcrops all over the place.
Also, there is a picnic spot at the base, on the way up you will see signs for yadonba picnic ground, and aboriginal paintings, theres a nice walking track in there and also plenty of rocks and rock faces. Might be worth a try!!!

Theres bandi bandis up at mt pilot too apparently!! LOL Ive never had a good look there, but i know there are eastern bearded dragons in the national park there.
I dont know about MDs at mt pilot but it wouldnt surprise me, i know theyre in the warby rangest west of Wangaratta.....if you can find them!!LOL Ive never seen one, but know a lot of people who have, and know people who live in that area that get them in there roofs.
If you just follow the signs to mt pilot, then park at the car park at the base, you can walk around through the bush and theres rocky outcrops all over the place.
Also, there is a picnic spot at the base, on the way up you will see signs for yadonba picnic ground, and aboriginal paintings, theres a nice walking track in there and also plenty of rocks and rock faces. Might be worth a try!!!
yeh i know where you mean, ive walked thru many of the caves, even some not on the track :), red belly gallore in some of them..

my mum reckons shes seen one, i mentioned them being up there, and the said that once she saw a huge snake up there, grey in colour and blotchey patterns?, i wondered why she didnt mention it until i said they are up there :rolleyes: , my mum has been up there a lot, taking groups to all the art sites etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back