A Forum Question or two for Admin

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

If someone wants to sue you because you made a defamatory statement, you can defend your speech or writing on various grounds:
* what you said was true;
* you had a duty to provide information;
* you were expressing an opinion.

so yes if what you are saying is the truth then you cant be sued it doesn't matter where you say it. As long as you can prove what you are saying is in good faith, I doubt he will ever have a chance of suing any one here.

We do not want anything about this man on this site. Admin owns this site and it is their call.
YES, it is news that is available to everyone BUT when put in a thread and people being people, some just cannot comment sensibly, some just have to start a hate campaign that has no end. We are better off without him being mentioned on here. We do not need it and he certainly doesn't deserve an audience.

We do not want anything about this man on this site. Admin owns this site and it is their call….
That is really not being grown up is it?
The man exists so turning a “blind” eye when he brings our hobby and passion into disrepute won’t make him just disappear will it?
I may not like your opinion but I will defend the right for you to express it in civil manner. Our opinions may not change the world but it is a far better place to be able to make up our own minds than having an unreasonable bias opinion forced down our throats.
In my opinion this is certainly not a democratic reasonable open minded approach to a solution. Sieg Heil

Ask his lawyer who apparently has won him a case or two for this. If you don't want the forum shut down and you loose your subscription fee then just don't talk about he-who-must-not-be-named.
who lord voldemort

As much as I understand your point and have comments the fact is its their forum and their rules and we did sign up for them. I got a warning for something I wouldnt usually think was wrong so I replied and I was bluntly answered but before I got angry I stopped and thought about it and we signed up for the forum so we have to follow the rules. As much as you may not agree with some of the rules I think its better to forget about it, after all this forum has given me many contacts and much information so if I have to follow a few rules its totally worth it. Some of its not fair but put yourself in their shoes, its pretty hard to please everyone!!

And I do think it, and this, should be deleted, the muppet doesnt deserve the attention, its the worst thing any of us can do imo.

… As much as you may not agree with some of the rules …..
What makes a successful forum is the quality of its members. To enforce a “rule” that does not exist then dictate ‘my way or the highway’ is somewhat African minded real life politics.

And I do think it, and this, should be deleted, the muppet doesnt deserve the attention, its the worst thing any of us can do imo.
I agree that the fella in question is a muppet but this is news taken from a media report. How can anyone be so closed minded to be selective on what international reptile news is appropriate for me or you. Should that not be our choice no matter who owns what?

snakes incorporated.. as its been stated by another moderator its the site owners call, not the moderators, not yours..

If you want to discuss this issue with the administrators or voice your opinion on this subject then please use the support centre link Support Centre - Aussie Pythons & Snakes

Site Rules - Aussie Pythons & Snakes

General Rule 13 - If you have a problem with the way the site is run or the action taken by Moderators/Administrators, then you must lodge a ticket with 'Feedback/Complaints' at the Support Centre. We will not tolerate open criticism of the site or the way it is run in any of our forums. Nor will we tolerate any criticisms of the Moderators/Administrators. In some cases we will suspend account to protect other members with out giving any reason. We do the work in running the site, so we control how it is run. If you find that objectionable, please feel free to move elsewhere. Otherwise, we welcome your input and hope that you will enjoy your experience on APS.

Last edited:
snakes incorporated.. as its been stated by another moderator its the site owners call, not the moderators, not yours..
Thank you for the information you provided. If you take the time to study the first post I made as an introduction to this thread. You will note that I was given no alternative other than to request assistance via this medium.
I will take this absolutist-autocrat decision and utterer my disapproval regards to this matter as you have suggested. May the sun shine on your face and the wind be at your back. Ta ta:lol::lol:

i VERY highly doubt anyone can be sued for speaking truth on a public forum...show precedence of such a suing occurring.

The problem is, and I pointed it out yesterday, that once the lynch mob (those armchair bound, holier-than-thou commentators who know few of the facts but base their comments on bias from'what they've heard before') gets involved, there is little concern for the truth.

It was a news item concerning an individual, the courts presumably knows the facts and acted accordingly, and there is no point in further dismantling the man on a public forum. On occasion on these forums it becomes a bit like the French Revolution - all the squawking crowds cheering again and again as the guillotine falls, regardless of the guilt of the individuals whose heads are rolling. I've seen something very similar here recently where an individual has been vilified by several people relying on the suspect word of one bitter individual.

Post the news item if you must, ask the mods to close the thread, and move on with your own life. Dismantling the skeleton of an already humiliated man serves no purpose at all, except as a feelgood exercise for you.

At the end of the day, this is a privately owned site, the mods and admin have a difficult job sometimes, but it's not your call what stays on here and what is removed.

Jamie

If you want to discuss this issue with the administrators or voice your opinion on this subject then please use the support centre like everyone else Support Centre - Aussie Pythons & Snakes
Colin I humbly apologies for any inconvenience but which option would I use to voice my objection to admin.
Lost Password
Creating a New Thread
Infraction System Guide
Unable to Post in the Trading Forums
Changing your user name
How to attach images to a post
How to delete visitor messages from your profile.
Changing your user name
The registration form will not accept my phone number

go to submit a ticket link..
http://www.aussiepythons.com/support/index.php?_m=tickets&_a=submit
click complaints. login at the top right hand side so we know who the complaints from.

write your complaint or what you want to say and click submit.. you will recive a ticket number and this will be attended to when admin/mods have a chance. hope that helps you

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks appreciated. I apologies for my ignorance but how do I go about doing this prey tell?

read the instructions in the support forum..

Support Centre - Aussie Pythons & Snakes

go to submit a ticket link.. click complaints. login at the top right hand side so we know who the complaints from.

write your complaint or what you want to say and click submit.. you will recive a ticket number and this will be attended to when admin/mods have a chance. hope that helps you

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back