..a 'walk' at the yard..

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jasontini

Reaction score
Soo...today kinda sucked cos all of a sudden the tv 'died' on me, got bored donno wat to do so decided to 'tame' my snappy boy...

i have a snake..his name is 'Joey' as in Joey Jordison of Slipknot..hehee;)
He is VERY snappy,bitey,jumpy,flighty ,unapproachable... :evil:
As hysterical as he is, and with my persistence n patience i managed to get him out of the enclosure..pheww...but with gloves on...n of cos bamm! got tagged twice..bring him out to the yard, put him up on the clothes line n on the grass for a 'walk' n he seems to like it! i held him by the tip of his tail while he wandered around..then i tot of the thread with regards to mites..Can snakes get mites from the ground.?? so i quikly pick him up n put on the outdoor table..

my daughter got to hold him as well.. (she wants to copy me with gloves on)..Gonna take him out again tomorow but this time.. no gloves..
Heres some pics to share...!

Attachments

• DSCF1906.jpg
    DSCF1906.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 125
  • DSCF1916.jpg
    DSCF1916.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 83
  • DSCF1918.jpg
    DSCF1918.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 101
  • DSCF1928.jpg
    DSCF1928.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 110
  • DSCF1921.jpg
    DSCF1921.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 139
Nice pics and good work on making some progress with him! I'm not yet game enough to take my little guy outside because he can shoot off very quick XD He does it sometimes inside soon as he gets the chance to climb out of his click clack lol.

Hi
This is completely off the subject. I'm very new to this and am wondering if i'm completely blind but can any one please tell me where i can start a new thread at all. i can't seem to find it any where.

You have a beautiful little snake there. I'm getting my first snake next week and i'm too excited to haev to keep waiting for her.

Thanks heaps

I got 4 darwins man...2 are so so so so nice have never ever tryed biting or anything ...
the other to i have worked on and worked on..took them out so offten...now the to crazy ones are sooo calm now when i hold them...or anyone...they dont bite anymore or even hiss..so if u put the time in u will notice the diff...

REMEMBER ...IF THERE FLIGHTY THERE NOT BITY :) hahahah

nice snake and great drummer he was named after :p What do you think of the new album, all hope is gone? I'm a huge fan of the new album

Bah, but the name won't suit when he gets big! Joey's only a little fella!

Nice coastal. I never use gloves, but then again, my hands are real tough from work, and I've always got a million little cuts and splinters anyway so a few more don't worry me.

i havent buy the new cd! yet..!! arrgh... but i love their new masks...!
JOEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY..!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keep up the good work, with more handling he should settle down.

Cameron

Thanks everyone! for your continued support n encouragement..it helps to boost up my morale n self confidence handling my snake..its an achievement! yay!

cheers!

aaaza, to post a new post click on 'forums' at the top left of the page, then click on the sub heading for the type of message(middle area) - eg general herp or aust snakes etc. Then towards the right of the page near the top you should see a box that says thread tools - click on that and a box opens with options like new post, although sometimes ( idont know why yet) a box opens with "printable version" and 2 other options. I' m new too and it took ages to figure this out. I hope you find this useful. Have a good day.

No Gloves!!!

hi guys, yup got him out today ..NO GLOVES..!!!
enjoy the pics...

Attachments

• DSCF1975.jpg
    DSCF1975.jpg
    159.1 KB · Views: 29
  • DSCF1977.jpg
    DSCF1977.jpg
    178.5 KB · Views: 32
  • DSCF1979.jpg
    DSCF1979.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 37
  • DSCF1974.jpg