A whale of an experience!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fishead

Reaction score
Went to Crowdy Head for the weekend with the mighty mungus and another good bud. We didn't do too well on the snapper but had the experience of a lifetime with a couple of humpbacks that hung by the boat for half an hour.
The pics tell the story......

Took over two hundred pics all up.
There was a larger one that seemed to be displaying to the bit smaller one, both were doing a lot of tail slapping though. We were getting wet from the tail slaps we were that close. Sometimes they were right under the boat only a metre below the surface. Awesome, quite stupid and a bit scary but they seemed to be fully aware of where we were all of the time and were very gentle when we were within a metre or two.
I know your not supposed to approach them within a certain distance but they came to us so what do you do?

Nature at it's most magnificent!!!!!!!!!

IMG_3165.jpgIMG_3065.jpgIMG_3195.jpgIMG_2961.jpgIMG_3192.jpg

Nice work Steve.

Been catching heaps of Luderick lately. Bagged out today.

Cameron

Nice pics mate,

Theres been a few whales hanging around lately they are magnificent creatures, we have mainly been seeing humpbacks and minki's. A mate of mine was lucky enough to catch migaloo breaching the other day (albino whale)

Scorps

What an experience !!!
could have reached out and touched them 1/2 doz. times.
They just kept coming up to the boat and playing with us.........lol

haha i herd of the same thing happened to someone else they were so gentle and everything and then they ramed the boat and it sank lucky they had a camercrew though so there was a spare boat haha

but i wouldnt blame you if wales came swimming past my boat i certinally would pull up the anchor start the motor and potentially run over a unseen whale

so lucky mate :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back