AAE Have NOT changed their regulations.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gillsy

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
AAE have no changed any regulations as of 1st of May. They were related to Cats and Dogs.

AAE is now going to organise a representative to be on APS like DECCW does. Clarification will come in the new few days.

I have spoken with the National Manager - Operational Systems and Planning.

This includes booking them in.

Nice work Gillsy , will be much better having one of them on here to tell us what is actually happening..

I wont say anymore for now, but I did suggest they come on this website and read the thread from a couple of days ago of the issues we are having.

And to create an account like DECCW does, and she loved the idea :)

interesting to see if it eventuates as I spoke with the general manager of vic and she said it was a must that the process be followed

fingers crossed it goes back to the way it was

Yeah, but there is still alot of varied information, they are working towards having a fact sheet straight off the website so it's clear for everyone. But I recommended here is a good place to start.

Additionally to a foam box in timber frame work, I would recommend placing all reptiles ( in bags of course ) inside a PVC water pipe with end caps, the vessel can stand a crushing pressure of 1300 kg, is absolutely escape proof, very cheap to purchase and would more than satisfy AAE, I am sure. I spoke with our Perth office this afternoon and they seemed very pleased with this method.
The only problem I can see is individual handlers not actually realising that inside the foam box was infact the serious indestructable container.
I have decided to make ths aware of in the way of a lablel on the external box.

Significant changes apply in Cairns AaE.
As from 1st May, all live animals must be lodged to AaE airport depot by a registered pet carriers. Effectively, you and I will not be able to walk into their office, put the parcel onto the counter, pay and go. The animal(s) has to be delivered either by "Dogtainers" or "Oz Pet" companies, who will also calculate the cost and collect the payment. The only way around it is to open up an account with AaE, which requires frequent use of their services.

The Melbourne centre is using the new system and are refusing to accept reptile shipments unless they are pre booked. The other thing we have noted is the cost has risen, containers we have been shipping in all along are now being charged out at nearly double the old rate.

Significant changes apply in Cairns AaE.
As from 1st May, all live animals must be lodged to AaE airport depot by a registered pet carriers. Effectively, you and I will not be able to walk into their office, put the parcel onto the counter, pay and go. The animal(s) has to be delivered either by "Dogtainers" or "Oz Pet" companies, who will also calculate the cost and collect the payment. The only way around it is to open up an account with AaE, which requires frequent use of their services.

I asked her specifically that question, and she said no this is not the case. She stated reptiles don't need to be checked in.

The Melbourne centre is using the new system and are refusing to accept reptile shipments unless they are pre booked. The other thing we have noted is the cost has risen, containers we have been shipping in all along are now being charged out at nearly double the old rate.

Yes prices have gone up, but not to that degree from what she said.

I asked her specifically that question, and she said no this is not the case. She stated reptiles don't need to be checked in.

They specifically turned me away on Monday with a parcel in my hand. After some sweet talk (yes, I am capable of that too ...LOL) they accepted the parcel but told me with no uncertain terms that this was the last time.

Yeah, well I forwarded your last post to her. I can't anymore I've sent enough let her have time to respond.

Thanks gillsy, I am also making direct enquiry with one their senior managers.

Did you pre book just with AAE?

We get turned away at Gladstone now if you just rock up with the parcel, but if you ring them at least a day early it's all fine. We don't need to book through a pet carrier company.

The price rise I found was as follows: Last week (April) I was quoted $73.50. This week (May) I was quoted $94.50. This is for a 4.4 kg plywood box with a reptile and the dimensions are 40 x 30 x 16 cm. In both cases I rang the head office for a quote. This is not doubling of the price, although it is a substantial increase. I am still waiting on an import permit from the recipient before booking the reptile on a flight. Because I have never been able to do so via Sydney, I will try doing so via the head office. There is so little information on the website about shipping reptiles, that it is no wonder we are confused. I opt for a cautious approach (bag, shredded paper, plastic box, all inside plywood box) to protect animals as well as possible and make things easy to stack. The PVC pipe idea is great, but they are following the IATA regulations which cost US$175 to purchase. A detailed fact sheet on their website would be SO helpful! For example, which (if any) plastic containers are considered suitable for shipping hatchlings? Do we really need to fill in the pet shipper form? If so, which of our reptiles may be considered brachycephalic breeds :).

I actually have somewhere in the house a copy of the IATA regs, AAE gave it to me several years ago for free when I opened an account.
I will see if I can find it to post here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back