ackie pairing

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fabregasreptiles

Reaction score
hey,

i have 2 8 month old ackies and i have twice seen them 'wrestle'. They roll around while holding each other and they cahse each other around. They are always very eager to eat off my tonges and none of them are dominant. Is this wrestling behaviour usual for these young ackies. It is very funny./ i have only seen it twice but did not get to record it. They cahse each other then theygrip each other to their bodies and roll around, then let go and chase each other again.

anyone have any ideas.

they are both same size

i have watched this in the wild with males competing for female and or domance i think this is the issue i breed them and have seen it amongst my hatchies as they get older time to separate them when at home that is what i do

i wouldnt say its male dominance,i had 2 young gillens that used to wrestle,they were bought as a young pr,i used to think damn i think they are males,as they used to stand on hind legs and try throwing each other down and pin each other,like male lacies do,then come spring the smaller presumed female was found digging a nest and layed 3 eggs,young monitors,especially the dwarf type can behave weird at times,females try mating females or males and vice versa male on male ect ect,so i wouldnt be to fast in predicting there sexes by there behaviours,especially when still small

It's fighting.. be careful you may just end up with one ackie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back