Adam...

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sxereturn

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
...I see you're into motorbikes. Have you ever raced up here in QLD?

I grew up around bikes, my dad is a level 4/5 official with MA. Used to be mainly into road racing until Lakeside died, now he's into speedway, super motard and dirt track.

I used to monkey on a 250 junior speedway sidecar. We were running a second a lap off the 1100's, on the big track. Best fun ever, until I got too old to race juniors.

You need to ditch that R1 and Banshee, pick yourself up a GSXR1000 and KTM 450SX...oh yeah. Took a Gixxer for a ride the other day...pulls harder than my uncles CR5.

Keep it real,

-Jonno

It's a Raptor 660cc 4 stroke OH YEAH and it's on avgas!!! Yeah I race speedway on her and am currently ranked 4th in NSW. I will be coming up to redcliffe and Mike Hatcher Park soon. Please let me know of any speedway events running quads in Qld. and I will be up. Raced alot in '98 &'99 on speedway sideys with Jim Bob Turner and Darren Cafe, I want to buy another sidecar, that would be the reason I would sell the R1 I just love 'em. YAMAHA ROCKS MY WORLD!!!! :twisted:

Yep, we spend a lot of time at Mike Hatcher. I was racing 50's there...be 11 years ago now, and was out in front and this girl started to pass me, so I was watching her. All I remember is waking up in the ditch next to the track...it was quickly filled in the next week.

Just about all speedway race's at Hatcher have a quad class. You know Derrick Rumble? That guy is INSANE on a quad. He sold it the other month though. It wasn't the usual dropped down quad, it was custom built and **** it would fly.

Cool please let me know some dates for racing and I will try to be there.

ikes r awsome...i dont race yet coz i only got into bikes last year. I am sellin my KX80 if anyone is interested
now i wanta 125.
My friend just got a YZ250f, i had a go of it and it was soooooo mad.

R1 forever......down with suzuki.....my 2002 YZF1000-R1 pulls harder than any GSXR it come across yet..... although the new 2004 R1 with the twin pipes under the seat and ram aired.....mmmmmmmm...may need to get one of those :lol:

Hate to break it to you Marc, but R1's are old news now. Hell, my uncles GSXR 1100, 1989 model, pulled both of us (75kg x 2) to 240km/h in just over 400 metres, from a stand still.

GO THE R1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!We used to use a GSXR1100 sleeved back to 1035cc to keep in the rules on the sidecar and could never win big meeting cause ALL the winners use YZF1000 motor that have 5 valves not a measly 4 so there!!!!I am afraid I have owned Suzuki's and they don't even compare to the R1. I am 100 kilo's and it gets me to 285 in about 500 meters,but speed aint what it's all about,no good going that fast if you can't turn the big heavy Suzuki's(lol) or stop them bloody things.Yes marc I was pissed to see the new R1's release only a few months after I bought my 2003 if I had of seen the massive improvements I would have waited,like 185 horsepower,4 inches narrower and the pipes look pretty damn good up there under it's cut little bottom. Errrr excuse me just love the Yami that's all. Your sweet sxereturn just havin' a dig at ya, Suz's aren't all that bad. :twisted:

sxereturn said:
Hate to break it to you Marc, but R1's are old news now. Hell, my uncles GSXR 1100, 1989 model, pulled both of us (75kg x 2) to 240km/h in just over 400 metres, from a stand still.

just take alook at who is up front in all the formual exstremes series R1 R1 R1, R1's old news dont think so, At Willowbank end of 2003 My R1 pulled 9.89sec on the quarter, dynos at 156HP, Top speed i have done on it 280km/h and 230 with the front wheel in the air, 1989 GSXR 1100 WHAT A DINOSAUR :lol: did they come out with disk brakes back then :lol: Why are they not producing them anymore.....because the're sh#t :lol:.......just mucking with ya I like all bikes...if it has two wheel I like it..................but my R1 kicks ****

I miss my bike! I would like to get another but I also like keeping my license.
At least I have a nice car and not some commodore with a set of mags.Also money for a bike is money that could be spent on snakes instead!

Greebo,I thought you had an old bomb jag? :p
Spilota 1 you are kidding aren't you?

Has she got a 350 Chev in it Greebs? I think spilota 1 is joking or dilussional!!! Glad to hear your times over the Quarter mile Marc,I have been busting to take mine to the new strip at Eastern Creek, seriously only 280? I have had mine up to 290 racing some VTR 1000 SP1's,they had the grunt on me but once we hit 200 it was see ya later boys.I know what you mean about the license Greebo, I now run a Limousine bussiness here in Sydney and I would be screwed without my license,that's why in 12 months my R1 only has 1600k's on it!! :twisted:

Sorry guys I am not delussional I just prefer a bike for highway cruising rather than all out race. Nothing compares to a 96 soft tail.

Nothing compared to spending more time working on your bike than riding it.

Harleys = all show, no go.

Yeah cool don't be sorry,just gasin' you up!!! Harley's aren't a bad bike at all!

Oh yeah Adam, next club day at Hatcher is early April, don't know the actual date.

Sweet if you could let me know that would be great. Oh yeah do you have a contact number for Mike Hatcher Park? Will be good to meet some other herper from this site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back