Advertising Reptiles

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
if you do indeed need a license to own them in nsw then yes it is illegal. will he get in trouble for advertising as such, probably not. i just feel sorry for the unknowing person that purchases them and then has to deal with the government about getting them on license

yes we need a licence for turtles in nsw.
I have emailed him to let him know that he does infact need a licence for the turtles.
But for all we know the person he purchased them off has told him that he doesnt need a licence.
And I know for a fact he does have a licence and that he hasnt been keeping reptiles for that long.

Thats a possibility, I was curious too know for sure. No doubt you come across people who have Reptiles without licenses and are unaware they need them, I know I have met a few, most cases either a friend has given it to them or they have been misinformed. This isn't a beat up session.

Hi all,

I am the person that is selling the turtles on petlink.
I have done the wrong thing because I got given the turtles without a license number.
I do have a reptile license but dont know how to put them on with license number and details.
I am terribly sorry for the complications I have caused.

Thanks Jayden

Good on you mate for standing up and admitting you made a mistake, it would have been much easier for you to pretend you hadnt seen this thread and continue on your merry way. That shows excellent character and shame on the people who lied to you about whether or not you did need a license.

Jayden,

First thing tomorrow, call DECC Wildlife Licensing and tell them what happened.

:p

Hix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back