Advice on converting old aquarium

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

reptileKev81

Reaction score
Hi guys,
At the moment, it looks like our 8 month old beardie will be outgrowing her current enclosure.
I am planning to convert an old aquarium we have into her new pad. I've read alot of threads talking about the glass not holding heat, etc, and would need some kinda insulation.

I plan on creating some fake-rocks walls for the side and back, and plan on using some kind of sand for substrate. Will that be ok?
Also, I no longer have lids for the aquarium, but can very easily get some new ones cut at the local glazier, are lids essential?

The aquarium I have in mind is 3'x2'x2' and was previously used to keep a saltwater aquarium, it hasn't been in use for over 5 years.
P6260001.jpg
Will this size be able to sustain my central beardie for the rest of her life? Or will I need another upgrade in future. Sorry, but shes my first and only beardie and I have no idea when she will stop growing, lol

Thanks for any tips and advice you guys can give.
Also, if you've got any pics of your aquarium converts, I'd love to see em, it may give me some ideas.

Cheers
Kev :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back