African snakes galore!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Morelia_Hunter

Reaction score
Just some pics of a breeder mate of mine in South Africa with some babies hatching!!!
Coral snake hatchling:
a_lubricus_normal.jpg

South African green Mambas Hatching:
angusticeps_hatch2.jpg

angusticeps_hatch.jpg

Some cobras hatching:
annulifera_eggs_pipping.jpg

And these are the Natal Midlands form of Rinkhals, very rare! They dont stand up like that for no reason!!!! They aim and spit very well!!!:
rinkhals_hoods1.jpg

This is what they look like when they grow up!!!
IMG_0735-1.jpg

Last edited:
Very Nice!!! Love the last shot!!!:shock:

Thankyou for sharing these awsome pics:p

Cheers Luke

Those rinkhals are extremely rare. They are usually black and white. They are pretty common around the subburbs where i grew up in Johannesburg. Their spit burns like hell and the are quick, very quick. A lecturer of mine was doing a study on them about their cold tollerance abilities as these snakes occur in some of the coldest winter regions in my country. He actually had a malfunction in one of his cooling systems and the head of a snake froze to the cooler. Solid! It defrosted and nothing happened to it. Tough as bloody nails!!! But so are all South Africans

Keep em comin MH, you know how to keep us on the edge of our seats :)

Those rinkhals are extremely rare. They are usually black and white. They are pretty common around the subburbs where i grew up in Johannesburg. Their spit burns like hell and the are quick, very quick. A lecturer of mine was doing a study on them about their cold tollerance abilities as these snakes occur in some of the coldest winter regions in my country. He actually had a malfunction in one of his cooling systems and the head of a snake froze to the cooler. Solid! It defrosted and nothing happened to it. Tough as bloody nails!!! But so are all South Africans

awesome stuff MH, those babies are sooooooooo cute.
What your mentioning about the freezing happens to our browns too, hence the new protocol for humane euth of reptiles is now injection by vet or quick skull crush, no longer is freezing considered humane death for reps.

Love the Cobra's mate, thanks for sharing................

More snakes from South Africa!

Here's a pic of some collected after recent floods in Amsterdamhoek, Port Elizabeth, South Africa!!!

Attachments

• flood050.jpg
    flood050.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 162
Man, i miss our snakes back in SA (used to live there). Beautiful, thnx 4 sharing.

gorgeous pics. keep em coming. i never get tired of looking at pics of snakes. :D:D

They are awesome looking reptiles!! Thanx for sharing!!! Interesting facts too, thanx Morelia Hunter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back