albino small eyed snake

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be very interesting to find out about the wild populations,obviously their is Hets and Albinos crawling around in the bush...The original Darwin and Olive were originally wild caught,so obviuosly there is a few out there,its possible to notice the difference with normal compared to Het unless mated...Ive heard of Tigers,Adders, etc not sure about the Spotted that SR has,if it was originally wild caught or captive breed...I dont like its chances of surviving too long in the wild,But i suppose thats mother nature,however studiing the snake in a zoo etc would have been more beneficial..What other Albino species have been caught in the wild....MARK

Waste of time releasing albinos,quite ridiculous,should be given to a university,museum or private keeper so that they can be studied or bred etc,like throwing the baby out with the bath water IMO
The onley interesting albino i heard of was from a friend who is a railway worker north of wollongong,they found an albino tiger snake in the early eighties near scarborough.

IMO... best left in the wild, these animals have grown to adulthood and are successfully breeding....what would the uni's do with them lol what will they find out they already don’t know or museum’s what are they going to do with them...well I can tell what the Museum will do to them stick them a jar of formula, so what we become the predator to albinos your trying to protect. Oh and give them to a private breeder so what they can market them as rare albinos and flog them off at ridiculous price...yes quiet ridiculous indeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back