Alternative Healing Veg????

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
She isnt looking great but still walks around the tank...bakes a bit ,but not as much... eats ok but not as much as she did
She isnt depressed ..sleeping all the time or not eating... so its not her time yet!
When she does then she can dream forever....until then its my choice not to be lazy & do what i can
find out everything i can.... to help her...
yes its emotional for me... & i dont mean to be rude...so if it comes across that way ,sorry
right now not much will harm her

Forgot
Matthew Burgess... yes i have asked many Q's over my time as a member... few have been for myself
many were for my former partner & her reptiles...as she didnt want to ask herself!

I use colloidal silver for various things it is safe to use externally as well as diluting it to put in their water. Someone on here recomended it to me for a beardie eye infection and worked really well. I know its not a plant which is what you ar interested in but I thought it may be helpful for some people- you can get it from health food shops.

Here's a pic of what happens if you don't mix it right...

Just don't make it too strong or you'll have a blue beardy

(Doesn't he look like papa smurf:lol::lol:)

Attachments

• blue_man.flv.jpg
    blue_man.flv.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 24
Sounds like the course of baytril was too short or just the wrong drug. I would go back to the vet and see what they suggest. If the antibiotic doesnt kill it off it can actually make the bacteria stronger and it may come back worse.

If it is external you could apply betadine, if its internal you will probably need antibiotics or just take your chances.

I also havnt heard of using probiotics to treat an infection and would avoid it unless advised by a vet. They are used after the antibiotics have done their job and i doubt they would be needed anyway with the amount of bacteria present in normal dragon food.

I would also avoid experimenting with potentially harmful herbal concoctions.

Cris.... thankyou
Seen vet ,spoken to many , pm some on here, emailed many as well
also spoken to others who have experienced similar... other alternative is to let her dream forever
right now im after alternatives & there isnt much that can harm her
i do really appreciate your time though

ok, thanks for clearing that up, they are/were rescues, i thought you may have had a husbandry issue that had caused the problem.
cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back