Amphibolurus/Ctenophorus fionii

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PremierPythons

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Anyone keep these little dragons? Anyone have any care info I should know.. Do they differ significantly to netteds dragons as far as their care goes...??

Andrew

i keep a closely related species, ctenophorus decresii, They are different to netteds, the love a good hotspot 50-60c over a basking stack, i use plywood but slate would be better, they are smaller then netteds, i keep my tawnys in a 4ft tank but its not needed, a trio of adults will live happily in a 3ft, being a rock dragojn they dont move round much apart from around the rocks or basking stack. Very easy to keep and easy to breed.

I've never kept netteds before, but as far as C.fionni are concerned they are great dragons to keep. The only thing that i have had some problems with is juveniles fighting with each other and some territorial females not tolerating each other. They seem to prefer to grow up on their own until they reach a year old, then they pair up well. The only other thing that i have found is that a U.V tube is not good enough for them as they are growing up, so i use tubs with wire mesh lids outside so they can have access to direct sunlight. (but this is not the case for every individual dragon). And use a supplement as with any dragon. Also as Hornet said i use stacked up bits of slate with lots of crevices.

rockdragon, how many ctenophorus you breed? you breed vadnappa i take it from your dp?

rockdragon, how many ctenophorus you breed? you breed vadnappa i take it from your dp?
Hi Hornet, we like to keep S.A reptiles. decresii, vadnappa, fionni, & cristatus are what we keep at the moment. This season we hope to breed decresii & vadnappa

sweet, i bred decresii last season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back