Amyae Setup

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

raged

Reaction score
Hey people i'm just starting out with geckoes and i just wanted to know what you guys/gals know about how to setup an enclosure for an amyae.

I have a enclosure setup already with red sand and 2 hidding caves at either end (one at the hot end and one at the cool end) I have large rock in the centre of the tank, with one end of the enclosure higher with sand than the other. I have a heat cord zig zagged top to bottom on the back of the enclosure where the sand is pilied up higher. The thermostat is set to 31degree's... this is where i'm having problems.... The probe for the thermostat i have stuck in the through the top of the tank hanging in the air. Is it supposed to be in the sand or hanging in the air? as the thermostat hasn't turned off once yet. I have a cheap tempature gauge that i have put in the sand at the hot end and it usually reads anywhere from 32 during to 26 degree at night is this ok? With amyae is it more important to heat the air in the tank or the sand?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Gavin

Use the search function. This topic comes up at least once every month or so.

Heat the sand since they will come out at night, often laying on the sand absorbing the heat.
All sounds fine, just stick the probe in the sand and you should be fine.
Remember to offer either a water dish, or spray them every few days.
Thermal gradient should range from mid to low 20's at one end right up to 30 deg or a tad higher at the warmest end of the tank/enclosure.

Sounds like i'm doing the right thing.. I have now moved probe into the sand now the termostat is now cutting in and out maintaining 30 degrees.. Thanks for your help twiggz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back